Talk

Advanced search

Super skinny tall boys school trousers-mythical or just elusive?

(22 Posts)
pejorativelyspeaking Mon 19-Aug-19 07:24:12

I have a super tall (for his age) super skinny boy
He is 12 and 5ft6 and built like a toothpick
(Also excellent at high jump)

I've just bough the marks and Spencer's super skinny trouser in age 13-14 but they look ridiculous, if he wears them on his waist they are too short, too gathered on the waistband and jaunty around his ground area, if he wears them lower down (where they should be worn) and he has a baggy bum and frankly - culottes regardless.
Where can I get super skinny, long length boys school trousers!

I haven't even begun to consider school shoes! That is a whole world of size 9.5 not even wide enough to register on the clarks width fittings pain.

Every year-gah!

dementedpixie Mon 19-Aug-19 07:28:50

Next do skinny fit

Furball Mon 19-Aug-19 07:50:46

M & S Do a big and tall range and I get ds' 28 waist 35 leg trousers from there - here's a link

AGirlHasNoCake Mon 19-Aug-19 07:53:06

try john lewis - I have a giraffe child.

statetrooperstacey Mon 19-Aug-19 07:57:38

Asad do different length super skinny school trousers, my 12 year old got some, he’s not tall but they had lots of long leg trousers because we struggled to get some short enough. I can confirm they are super skinny tho ! Practically looked like leggings, you could almost see the outline of his balls!😂

Disfordarkchocolate Mon 19-Aug-19 07:59:53

We buy M&S, a size band down, super skinny and extra long. We have to adjust the waste at the beginning of the year but by the end the waist is ok.

AgentProvocateur Mon 19-Aug-19 08:02:35

Top Shop and Burton do trousers for skinny boys. They’re adult, so you’ll pay Vat, but it was the only place I could get the waist/length right.

M0RVEN Mon 19-Aug-19 08:05:03

I have a very skinny 5’ 10” son and the only trousers that don’t look hugely baggy on him are Next. None of the M&S styles work for him.

www.next.co.uk/g231308s7#515523

He has worn this style for the last three years and they wear well.

handmademitlove Mon 19-Aug-19 08:06:19

Try an independent uniform shop - my 5'7" 12yr old has trutex long which are a 31" leg. Can't help with skinny shoes except that he is a D width fitting and wears European brands eg ricosta with insoles!

mumofpickles Mon 19-Aug-19 08:07:24

Sainsburys do slim fit long leg trousers in black grey and navy I too have two skinny long leg boys and have found these to have the least amount of material at the back. They can be ordered online and have got 25% off which ends today 😊

M0RVEN Mon 19-Aug-19 08:07:27

They are skinny on the leg - he has to work them over his ankle like leggings. But they are suitably trouser- like on the crotch area IYSWIM.

Summersunshine2 Mon 19-Aug-19 08:07:31

Tesco do exyra skinny - assume you can get them in long.
My problem is DS has slim waste but has big muscle on his legs. Wants skinny fit but it looks ridiculous!
I usually get loads of different pairs to try on at home then return when next going back to the shop.

Spoonsmum Mon 19-Aug-19 08:08:17

In the same boat. I found some online at Sainsbury’s Tu. they have adjustable waist and extra long legs. Plus “reinforced knees” whatever the heck that means. Ordered what I thought were two pairs but they came in a pack of two so I have four. They fit well though let’s hope for no more growth spurts for a while 🤞

RainOrSun Mon 19-Aug-19 08:10:14

M&S do long and extra long skinny trousers.
You can go down a waist for each leg increase. So, suggest extra long, and one waist size smaller.
Move fast - most are low stock.

Star801 Mon 19-Aug-19 08:10:37

Next trousers are really skinny but I don’t know about the length.

Danglingmod Mon 19-Aug-19 08:11:56

John Lewis only place that worked for my beanpole (and I do mean beanpole: skinnier than any kid I've ever known.)

Go down an age size to get a smaller waist, but super slim fit and extra long length.

Bobbybobbins Mon 19-Aug-19 08:13:24

M&S don't work for my slim DS - the 3/4 are still too big on the waist and he is 5.

Panicmode1 Mon 19-Aug-19 08:33:56

I feel your pain. 6ft2 DS with 28 inch waist and 34 inch leg. Have had to buy a suit for school this year and it's been a nightmare. Next do a Tall range, but the trousers are still a bit short...! For school trousers we have used M&S and let the hem down....

pejorativelyspeaking Mon 19-Aug-19 08:59:53

Ok will try for m&s extra long-going via ASDA first to see their offerings-thankyou everyone!!

RainOrSun Mon 19-Aug-19 09:07:53

Bobby we just go for best of a bad job. I've just retired my 10 yr olds shorts - age 6. They finally fit round the waist, but are getting to the point they are indecently short! Age 8, extra long, with adjustable wait pulled in tight is the best we can do. At least they stay up!

treeplop Mon 19-Aug-19 11:12:45

M&S? We have slim fit skinny and they comes with a false hem so you can let them down if they grow during the year.

Furball Mon 19-Aug-19 17:26:58

The ones I linked to earlier are only online, but you can order them in to M & S food now if that would be easier

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »