Advanced search

Who works for Royal Mail and can answer a question urgentluy?

(6 Posts)
forsale Sat 04-Aug-07 18:07:10

Friend of a friend has split from her dh he is trying to get her out of their house. He has asked RM to redirect his post and any post addressed to them jointly to a confidential address. Obviously this will include bills etc They said he is within his rights to do this. Waht can she do? If she requests that any joint correspondence is sent to the home address do they have to comply?

pipsqueeke Sat 04-Aug-07 18:10:22

when I redirected post from our old hosue on the forms I had to sign as did DH to allow our post to change - I think if one was changing and the other wasn't they wouldn't have sent the post on.

he could forge her signature thou but then all of her post will go there as well hth.

policywonk Sat 04-Aug-07 18:12:56

Yes, I was also going to say that they need her signature. Can she check whether he has forged it?

forsale Sat 04-Aug-07 18:14:17

RM wrote to her to let her know so assume they have effected it

pipsqueeke Sat 04-Aug-07 18:17:45

tbh sounds to me like they've done it then and he's prob forged the signature - for us it had confirmation sent to me as I sorted it all out but then it had my name DH's and DS's. FWIW DH was away at the time so I signed for him (wrong yes I know but at the time needs must) anyhow she needs to contact them ASAP and tell them that her post and anything to do with her is not to be sent anywhere else. (unless she wants it to)

peanutbear Sat 04-Aug-07 18:20:17

she should call RM and say she didnt ask for the change my ex H tried this with me and steamd open my bank statements

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: