Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Diaries from your youth - keep or shred? I can't decide..

(11 Posts)
TheBlonde Sat 04-Aug-07 09:43:04

If you wrote diaries in your youth or later have you kept them?

I'm feeling tempted to shred mine...

zookeeper Sat 04-Aug-07 09:44:27

funny you should ask, just found one and binned it this morning (after ripping it into (very tiny) pieces.

It feels good

CharleeWeasley Sat 04-Aug-07 09:45:24

A woman i went to school with still has me scrawls all over her old note books with 'i luv xxx' someone different every week! ceinge!

She got them out at the playschool party (our kids go to the same one) to show me and dp i was mortified!

jaynehater Sat 04-Aug-07 09:46:57

I kept mine - unfortunately they stayed at my mum's, in the attic, till my beeeatch kid sister found them and read aloud the most deceitful wicked bits to my mum.

For the record - Paul was not as good a kisser as I wrote him up as. It may be in writing - it isn't neccesarily true.

Have you re-read them yet? Just tear out the worst pages!

TranquilaManana Sat 04-Aug-07 09:53:25

i keep mine.

MegaLegs Sat 04-Aug-07 09:54:38

I have one - it's in a box in the loft. It's not too bad but cringe at a few bits.

elesbells Sat 04-Aug-07 09:58:29

it depends on whether your memories are good ones or not imo.

if they are good, keep them. its fun to go back to them every few years for a giggle.

if they are bad memories..ive heard burning them is quite thearaputic

redtoenails Sat 04-Aug-07 10:07:29

shred them

moljam Sat 04-Aug-07 10:19:31

i kept mine-good and bad bits are interesting to read.im hoping when my dd is teenager and says 'you have no idea how i feel', i can consult diary to remember what it felt like

Paddington64 Sat 04-Aug-07 10:20:04

Keep them!! If the memories are bad then you appreciate what you have now even more and if they're good why on earth would you want to bin them?! I keep mine, they're embarrassing, sad, painful, crazy, happy etc but those events are what make me who I am!

TheBlonde Sat 04-Aug-07 10:22:32

I'm feeling inclined to shred them as I only tended to write when I was upset or down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now