Talk

Advanced search

How to make a website

(5 Posts)
auntysocial Mon 30-Jul-07 16:58:06

My son wants to make a website, his father is a web designer and is refusing to help him so it's down to me to learn how to do it myself and then teach him!!

So does anyone know where I can find info on how to make a website or any good sites we can use?

Thanks

nannynick Mon 30-Jul-07 22:59:28

Perhaps start by getting an HTML editor, such as CoffeeCup - www.coffeecup.com

Then Google for 'HTML tutorials' and you should get loads of short guides to coding in HTML which will get you started in creating a webpage.

If you need webhosting, try starting with a free hosting account, say at www.tripod.lycos.co.uk and then once you have got to grips with that, head over to low cost commercial hosting so that you get rid of the adverts, I find www.34sp.com a reliable low cost webhost.

Also check out your local library for books on HTML, Website Design and the such. Many libraries have these books, and learning from a book can be easier than reading an online tutorial.

Skribble Mon 30-Jul-07 23:16:12

\link{Moonfruit do free websites} and have easy steps to make it up}. I did one for my company and DS age 10 now has done a couple of websites himself, with very little help from me. Don't have to use HTML all done in WYSIWYG

Skribble Mon 30-Jul-07 23:16:42

Moonfruit do free websites

littlelapin Mon 30-Jul-07 23:20:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: