Talk

Advanced search

Bizarre behaviour from upstairs flat

(6 Posts)
Sunflower20 Thu 18-Jul-19 14:47:31

Just tell them to stop. I hate people 'feeding birds' because usually it just attracts pigeons and seagull -vile. It's your garden, they need to stop it.

batvixen123 Thu 18-Jul-19 14:39:12

I think they are feeding the birds. It is possible they are laying out the bread on their windowsill and the birds are knocking it off into your garden?

Maybe a gentle note saying that you're sure the birds appreciate their offering but they do rather knock it about a bit and it's ending up in your garden and you're worried about rats or something?

LenoVentura Thu 18-Jul-19 14:38:17

My previous NDN used to throw her bread and food scraps onto our garage roof. Not her own garage roof, but ours. I asked her to stop doing it because it meant that the birds came down to get it and crapped on my washing. She said she knew that, which is why she didn't want it on her own roof. It created a very hostile situation. People are a bit odd about birds.

Nicolamarlow1 Thu 18-Jul-19 14:33:34

But it is bizarre to throw bread from your bathroom window onto someone else's garden!

Branleuse Thu 18-Jul-19 14:25:42

i expect theyre feeding the birds. I dont think this is particularly bizarre

Nicolamarlow1 Thu 18-Jul-19 14:23:46

I don't know quite where to put this thread so have chosen 'other subjects.' My DH and I, both elderly, live in a ground floor flat with a small garden at the back. Directly above the garden is the bathroom window of the first floor flat, which houses one lady around thirty and her mother. We keep finding chopped up pieces of bread in our garden, directly underneath their bathroom window, so it is obvious that they are throwing the bread onto our garden. We don't have much contact with these people apart from to say hello if we happen to meet. We don't want to cause trouble, but have been thinking of popping a note in their letter box asking them to stop. What would you do? Would a note result in more hostility? (We do see this as hostile behaviour).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »