Talk

Advanced search

has anybody got a jane pram

(7 Posts)
starshaker Sat 28-Jul-07 18:43:23

the 1 where the carry cot bit turns into a car seat. i have fallen in love with it and want it for my baby (not pregnant yet but thats just a minor issue)

what do u think of it

SittingBull Sat 28-Jul-07 18:47:13

Message withdrawn

redclover79 Sat 28-Jul-07 19:10:55

I've got that one! I think? The Powertrain? Love the carrycot but have never used it in it's carseat capacity as it takes up 1 and a half seats and we have an older ds! As sitting bull says, it's not lightweight but we find it easy to put together, and I like it being quite sturdy for when I'm hiking into town in pants weather! Oh and ds1 hasn't managed to knock it over yet despite hanging onto the handle while we walk!!

NannyL Sat 28-Jul-07 20:35:09

that jane matric car seat is VERY unsafe when used in carrycot mode in the car

(fine to use like a normal seat)

take a look at the crash tests:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WdBRPiNJC7s

you could not pay me to put a child in one. (my aunt and uncle have one for my tiny cousins, i HATED it from the moment i realised how unsafe it seemed in the car)

which have confirmed it is NOT safe to use in a car in carrycot mode, and those crash tests show why.

Go for an isofix car seat if you have isofix fixiings or otherwise a maxi cosi cabrio are very safe seats for a baby to travel in

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 28-Jul-07 20:55:14

the single waist strap isn't a good crash restraint, we additionally used the 3 point harness ( for the sit up car seat) when the cot was in lie flat position. not sure how that would change those crash test pics - though side to side brain movement is more likely to be fatal in a crash than front to back movement as far as I know.

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 28-Jul-07 21:25:32

also the carrycot in the crash test looks like it was secured on the wrong part of the seat belt which I think adds to the amount of movement you see.

we secured the carrycot above the buckle of the seatbelt.

would be interested to see Jane's crash test data

nappyaddict Tue 31-Jul-07 21:34:12

the matrix is a very unsafe car seat. look at the which report on this thread. it was tested in all positions not just the lie flat position and it still came out with a terrible result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now