Talk

Advanced search

Mum's fur coat - what to do with it?

(5 Posts)
EleanorReally Tue 30-Jul-19 08:52:48

if you want to give it away give it to your local am dram, or school, otherwise cushion cover sounds great

TheHandsOfNeilBuchanan Tue 30-Jul-19 08:51:00

My gran inherited one from her mother, she wears it very occasionally, only when it's the coldest weather and tells people it's fake. She would never ever buy fur, but throwing it away seems almost worse. You haven't contributed to the industry and it was done in a time when it was seen as acceptable, why do you not wear it?

HappyHammy Sun 28-Jul-19 19:13:50

Cushion cover or rug. Or just put it away safe in a box.

Each2TheirOwn Sun 28-Jul-19 19:11:57

Have it made into a cushion cover x

FelineUK Sun 07-Jul-19 13:47:21

I have an excellent condition black rabbit fur coat that my Mum used to wear (that I inherited from her). She only used to wear it for very special occasions, maybe half a dozen times during her lifetime. I've never worn it and never will as i don't do fur, so it's been kept since I've had it.

It's the only item of clothing I have from her and I can still smell her perfume on it so I'm really sentimental about it.. but know I should do something with it, but what?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »