Advanced search

My husband has turned violent

(43 Posts)
personoff Fri 05-Jul-19 09:51:53

My husband took a violent turn last night. He started attacking me for no good reason, I'll try and keep a long story short.
I came home, he was being moody blaming it on my because I was moody ( I wasn't I only asked if he tidied up anything which he didn't and I just left it at that) I asked him to put the baby in his bouncer so I can make dinner. Then he kicked off saying that I was being bossy then proceeded to throw his beer over me ( he barely drinks btw and he wasn't drunk ) so me getting angry at him for doing that, the remaining spittle of beer I splashed at him and told him "it isn't very nice isn't it" ( literally wasn't even enough beer left at all when I did it, like a pinch) he then ran after me started pinning me down and strangling me. He proceed to drag me me by the hair, slap me and throw me about. I told him to leave so he started packing a bag but he didn't leave I woke up this morning to him still here. This isn't the first time but this has been the worst one yet. He won't leave I've tried everything and I don't want to get the police involved. I hate him so much he makes me depressed even my friends and family have noticed a difference in me. I just want him gone and he won't leave me be. I don't know what to do I can't stop crying my depression is getting worse and he thinks we can just forget about it and move on when I'm literally saying to him I hate him and don't want him and I want him to leave he just sits there and doesn't do anything. I'm sorry this is quite long and Thankyou if you read all of this. I'm only 20 feel like my life is over already. Sometimes I think suicide is an easy option but I could never do that to my son. I'll try my best and keep strong for him. I just needed to put this somewhere as I feel like I'm going to explode. I needed a release. I want my old life back while keeping my son. I feel like that's never going to happen that I'm trapped. Trapped with a man who thinks I'm nothing and even did this to me while I was pregnant. I'm not sure if anyone has any advice for this because I know we should separate ( which we kinda already are over he just won't leave the house ) I just want to know is there any way possible I can get him to leave for good without getting the authority's involved? I don't want them involved and I don't want my family and friends to know my business. I just want us to quietly separate and move on with our lives. I think we are both bad for each other. We bring out each other's worse bits and I truly believe we will be Better people without one another. He's no good for me and believe me I can be a bitch too and I know that I'm jealous and sometimes a bit controlling which I am wrong to do so and I tell him that I have issues that I'm trying to deal with ( most stems from my past and I'm currently in therapy) so I know I'm not the angel in this relationship but I'm not a violent person. I grew up with violence and don't want my son too also. I'm sorry again that this is so long. Thankyou if you read all of this.

itslateandiminmypyjamas Fri 05-Jul-19 11:42:58

Op ss won't take your baby away because your partner is violent. You are protecting her by reporting him. You will need the police records to help fight him and keep him away. Ss are much more likely to be concerned if you stay with a violent man. And what happens if he kills you? Where does that leave your dd?

Please make sure the police are there when he comes to collect his stuff. As pp has pointed out a man who tries to strangle you is very dangerous person.

purpleboy Fri 05-Jul-19 11:44:12

Don't let him inside the house under any circumstances, he will not leave and you might not get the chance to phone the police if he is violent to you again. Pack a bag with essentials in for him. Leave it on the doorstep and go out when he is due to return home. Leave him a note telling him he can pick up the rest of his stuff at a pre arranged time when you have other people there to support and protect you.
Phone the police and report him so it is all logged. The police will not involve SS if you are trying to get him out.

itslateandiminmypyjamas Fri 05-Jul-19 11:44:19

Op how will you call police if he's attacking you? You must have someone there. Please reach out to someone in real life.

Whosorrynow Fri 05-Jul-19 11:44:37

OP, my apologies for misunderstanding your situation, it's very good that you have the strong Foundation of a secure home in your own name.
You have grit girl, you have coped with a lot at a very young age that's one reason this dreadful man doesn't want to let go.... he wants to use your power and strengths for his own advantage.
I don't have in-depth knowledge of these situations so can only give general advice, keeping a detailed log of everything that happens is usually a very good idea.

Fibbke Fri 05-Jul-19 11:46:04

Do you want your dc to grow up thinking this is how relationships work? Change the locks and call the police next time.

Whosorrynow Fri 05-Jul-19 11:47:02

I agree with everyone else do not allow him in your house, your house is your sanctuary your safe place do not let him 'pollute' it

Mummaofmytribe Fri 05-Jul-19 11:47:33

Ring the police. They won't set social services on you because you are actually safeguarding your baby by reporting this man. Tell your mum. Do NOT be alone with this man. He could kill you. Think of the baby. Be brave. Ring them now.

Whosorrynow Fri 05-Jul-19 11:49:37

You clearly have a big fear of getting the authorities involved, he will know that this fear works in his favour and my guess is that he has tried to focus your mind on this fear and amplify it?

Fibbke Fri 05-Jul-19 11:52:18

Please tell your mum. Do you think she will help you?

newmomof1 Fri 05-Jul-19 11:54:22

OP call the police, please. As others have said, eventually he'll kill you, and then your DS will have to grow up in the same way you did - the exact thing you're trying to protect him from.

GimmieTheCoffeeAndNooneDies Fri 05-Jul-19 12:03:24

As you have such a close relationship with your mum, please consider confiding in her.

She may be shocked and saddened, but as you are so close she will know something is wrong, and could be a wonderful source of strength and support.

justaminiit Fri 05-Jul-19 12:06:57

Call a shelter if you don't want to call the cops. I really don't like cops but that might be your only way of keeping this violent dangerous man away from your babies and yourself.

MoreHairyThanScary Fri 05-Jul-19 12:40:50

Agree with other posters, having his violence on record will help you going forward. If you don't it is just your word against his.

The police should support you,

Do you have a friend or similar to hell you clear his stuff from the property? If he does not need to come back in he won't be able to stay...

personoff Fri 05-Jul-19 19:38:25

Just to update everyone:

He came back we had a calm like discussion and I told him he has to leave or I will get the authorities involved and he agreed to pack his stuff and go. He picked the stuff he needs for now and he's left and he's going to get someone to collect the rest of his stuff.
I had a friend with me at the time.

I feel so relieved and 10x happier already.

Thankyou for all of your support everyone you have helped me a lot ❤️ I will talk to my mum about it but I'm still not sure about telling her the whole truth, I just don't want everyone or even family knowing - not yet anyway. Thanks again ❤️

personoff Fri 05-Jul-19 19:42:21

Oh and just about getting the authorities involved - I have never really had any good experience with them and haven't met an officer that was supportive in anyway and plus all I've heard from other people with police and social services has been negative and I just have a fear of them watching me like a hawk with my baby - even though I have nothing to hide and my baby is perfectly healthy and safe it's just a fear I have, I know some
Of the social workers that work in my area and they aren't exactly the nicest and I have witnesses them lying about stuff regarding my friends And that so I don't trust them that much. If he does come back I will call the police though as I don't want to be alone with him again.

forsucksfake Fri 05-Jul-19 19:52:23

He is going to kill you and leave your child motherless. I have been through this with my own sister so I know of what I speak. Talk to your family and friends and anyone in real life who will support you. You cannot do this alone. You need support to stay alive and safe for your child. The fact that you are able to go to sleep after being strangled tells me that you have normalized this madness to some extent. This is insane and you and your child are in grave danger. I am really sorry you have had such negative experiences with social services and the police, but surely they cannot be any worse than a man who is trying to kill you. I am terrified for you and your son.

newmomof1 Fri 05-Jul-19 20:06:06

I am glad you were strong and he was reasonable - well done OP

Nicksmama Sat 13-Jul-19 01:37:59

I've been in your shoes. You have to just leave. I stopped reading after u said it wasn't the first time because at the start I said he hit u for no good reason. No reason is ever good enough for someone to get physical with u. Go to your mums or family give him a week to leave and say "if u don't I will have to involve the police and you know I don't want to do that ". If he doesn't do as asked then u must follow through. He already knows he's able to abuse and manipulate u don't forget that for a second. The best thing for that baby is to see you happy. Not in an abusive relationship.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »