Talk

Advanced search

Arg! Have been washing clothes with dishwasher tabs!

(35 Posts)
Mitzicoco Thu 04-Jul-19 15:49:13

That is is. I have, for the last two weeks, been putting those liquid looking Fairy capsules into the washing machine to wash the family's clothes. Oddly, they seem to do quite a good job. But gracious me, talk about a mummy fail!

JamaicaGinger Fri 05-Jul-19 21:42:32

family member used Flash cleaning wipes as moist toilet tissues...

slipperywhensparticus Fri 05-Jul-19 21:41:23

Pile cream instead of savlon? To be fair it took the swelling down loads grin

SpoonBlender Fri 05-Jul-19 21:38:12

Otex and Optrex are both available in identical bottles. One is hydrogen peroxide, the other goes in your eyes and doesn't hurt.

MancaroniCheese Fri 05-Jul-19 18:26:23

Anusol instead of toothpaste? No? Just me then

Watto1 Fri 05-Jul-19 18:23:40

As a teenager I sprayed my hair with deodorant instead of hair spray. Crunchy hair was not the look I was aiming for.

Mitzicoco Fri 05-Jul-19 13:54:38

Minge wipe=freshen up wipe

Dizzywizz Fri 05-Jul-19 09:37:12

Sorry but what is a minge wipe?! I mean, I can imagine but don’t really understand why...

Nanasueathome Fri 05-Jul-19 09:35:10

One of....

Nanasueathome Fri 05-Jul-19 09:34:55

Ine if the guys at work had sunburn and he put deep heat on his face rather than aftersun

HonniBee Fri 05-Jul-19 09:32:03

DH has used laundry tabs in the dishwasher. Couldn't figure out why our dishes were so fragrant for a while!!

Loyaultemelie Fri 05-Jul-19 09:27:51

I have washed clothes in dishwasher tablets
Washed dishes in clothes tablets
Used baby wipes as makeup wipes, although now use reusable so that actually works!
Cooked (well destroyed) iceberg lettuce instead of cabbage, chronic migraines make you daft!

My finest hour was as a teenager when my dewberry body spray didn't spray so I looked at it close to my eye and it sprayed. (No migraines then just daft)

Mitzicoco Fri 05-Jul-19 07:02:17

These have made me laugh! Thank you!

RonnieOnions Fri 05-Jul-19 04:24:55

I’ve taken my eye makeup off with nail varnish remover!

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Fri 05-Jul-19 04:23:27

I was given one of those "can't think what to buy you for Christmas" gift sets of shower cream and body lotion.
I decided to slather on some lotion just before bed, and thought "this is very thick lotion but it will sink in overnight". Next morning it was still tacky on my skin and when I put on my glasses I realised that I'd moisturised with shower creme.

Monty27 Fri 05-Jul-19 04:15:33

I bought a lovely chicken in m&s. BBQ sauce marinade yum. Went to dish it up for dinner with salads etc and realised it was uncooked.
Anyway if you haven't had skin issues so far it's probably fine smile

Bluerussian Fri 05-Jul-19 03:00:31

Mitzicoco Thu 04-Jul-19 19:26:40
To be fair, a minge wipe is probably kinder to your skin than a face wipe?!grin
----

Hee hee hee, my face was certainly soft and fragrant on my return home.

It wasn't until I got home and unpacked that I realised my mistake. The packets I'd bought for both looked so alike!

Rainbowknickers Thu 04-Jul-19 23:33:31

My dad once used oven cleaner instead of hairspray it blistered!
I used 2 types of fabric conditioner by mistake instead of washing liquid/fabric conditioner for 3 years!

Sunshine1235 Thu 04-Jul-19 23:26:02

I once sprayed foot deodeuriser on my hair thinking it was dry hair spray

Itellpeopletogoogleit Thu 04-Jul-19 23:25:27

A friend of mine thought the toilet cleaning spray in the shopping centre loos was hand sanitizer

hinely Thu 04-Jul-19 23:13:55

Dw tabs are not formulated for skin contact but are for swallowing! I'd imagine they're weaker than clothes washing powder/liquid.

Poppins2016 Thu 04-Jul-19 23:10:51

We ran out of dishwasher tablets the other day, so I used Persil laundry powder instead. Worked perfectly and blew my DHs mind. grinhalo

As a PP said, you basically substituted a detergent for a detergent... I wouldn't worry! smile

Heaviestdirtyestsoul Thu 04-Jul-19 23:06:56

We had friends over for a bbq and drinks, one female kept squirming in her seat and finally beckoned me inside to ask what brand my moist toilet wipes were. She pointed to the flash cleaning wipes, sat out the way behind the sink pedestal nowhere near the toilet roll and toilet wipes- I turned the shower on for her and handed her a towel and some sudocrem 🤣

Mitzicoco Thu 04-Jul-19 23:03:39

I'm glad it's not just me who does this sort of thing!

Greenolivesorblackolives Thu 04-Jul-19 22:54:34

I made meatballs for tea tonight. Went to serve it up and realised I’d not put the meatballs in with the sauce to cook. They were still in the fridge.

Jeffjefftyjeff Thu 04-Jul-19 22:53:55

Once, when very jet lagged, I used insect repellent (foreign, came in a red tube) to brush my teeth. I do not recommend this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »