Talk

Advanced search

Intensive pre-driving test in the UK with an Irish learner permit?

(1 Post)

Hi there, (sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I couldn’t find any driving section on here, let alone one for this kinda query!)

I have lived in Ireland all my life but would love to live in England in future, but I don’t think that will be happening for a while

Anyway, I have got my learner permit, done my mandatory lessons and have done my test but unfortunately have failed it twice here in Ireland now

So I’ve been looking up intensive pre-test prep but can’t find many great options here in Ireland and then have accidentally come across UK ones that would be a lot better value than over here and would give me a little holiday too.

However, any of the intensive ones I’ve seen for the UK seem to need you to have a UK learner permit, which is understandable.

So I was wondering-does anyone know if I could I do one of those courses with my Irish learner permit and then either sit my driving test over in the UK where I’ve just done my intensive pre-test prep and then covert my UK licence to an Irish one if I wanted, or could I do one of them with my Irish learner permit and then sit my test back here in Ireland with my UK experience?

I have a UK postal address (but no-one lives there) if that makes any difference

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »