Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

buying a camera- will it be cheaper in the USA

(9 Posts)
twinsetandpearls Fri 27-Jul-07 09:15:00

I am buying a new digital camera to take on holiday with me, will it be cheaper to buy one in america or should I just buy it before we go.

Leati Fri 27-Jul-07 09:20:57

Well, I bought mine for $175.00 US dollars. It is about as good as it gets before you go into the really expensive category. Good luck.

twinsetandpearls Fri 27-Jul-07 09:22:55

I am looking to buy a mid range SLR costing up to about £300 here.

bran Fri 27-Jul-07 09:23:22

Do you know what camera you want to buy? You could probably google and see what price it is on average in America.

I expect it will be considerably cheaper over there, but you will have to find a shop and spend some of your precious holiday time buying it, and you won't be able to take pictures until you have the camera.

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 27-Jul-07 09:25:31

I bought one in May in Florida. It didn't work, so I had to send it to be repaired. This added some to the cost (special delivery) and I saved less than £1 overall! And that's checking it against the first camera shop DH came across in town, not even trying hard. So unless you do all the research beforehand or are already v knowledgeable I don't think it's worth it.

twinsetandpearls Fri 27-Jul-07 09:25:45

That is what is putting me off but if I will makea considerable saving I don't mind. I do havemy traditional SLR and other digital as back up though.

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 27-Jul-07 09:26:25

Yes, that's another thing, you need to charge it up before using it, takes overnight for first time.

twinsetandpearls Fri 27-Jul-07 09:27:28

that was a reply to bran, I had not thought about possible problems with the camera CristinaTheAstonishing .

I know argos has a sale on.

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 27-Jul-07 09:29:15

I bought mine from a kind of warehouse. They had some to try there but the one I bought came packaged up so I couldn't try it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now