Talk

Advanced search

HELP.......WITH BAPTISM

(8 Posts)
Rosalin Thu 26-Jul-07 14:58:18

Hi, does anyone know where i could find clothes for my son's baptism and gifts that i could give to our friends for coming.

I looked on internet but most are online and i'd like to see them especially that material.please help

lorisparkle Thu 26-Jul-07 15:11:00

As our lo was 10 months when he was babtised we decided on an outfit from Mothercare rather than a 'christening gown'. We did look at Mamas and Papas and John Lewis who do the more traditional outfits and Next do a modern outfit.

Spatz Thu 26-Jul-07 15:12:08

DS, aged 1, had a white suit from Monsoon - v.v. cute.

purpleflower Thu 26-Jul-07 15:24:39

My DS is being baptised Sunday. We got a cream suit from a shop on ebay which is really nice. When is the baptism? If you buy online and don't like it can you not send it back?

1 last question, what do you mean gifts to give to your friends, am I missing something big I have to rush around and get??

kinki Thu 26-Jul-07 15:31:51

Ds1 (about 1yr at time) wore smart trousers and a white shirt. I also made a waistcoat out of the remains of the burgandy silk my bridesmaids' dresses were made of.

Ds2 (2yrs) wore beige colour trousers and waistcoat, with grandad shirt from Moonsoon.

I wondered about suits/outfits from the internet, but like you I was wary of the material. If he is 2yrs+, BHS sell suits for boys, which are of good quality.

Not sure about gifts for friends. I've never done that or heard of it before, and I've been to loads of baptisms and christenings.

kinki Thu 26-Jul-07 15:33:35

Monsoon

purpleflower Thu 26-Jul-07 15:50:47

Thank you Kinki was a bit worried there. Got so much else to sort out over the next couple of days, praying for sun is the main one! got 50 people coming to my house after so I need the space in the garden to fit them in.

kinki Thu 26-Jul-07 17:26:03

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now