Talk

Advanced search

I can't believe it

(7 Posts)
eidsvold Wed 25-Jul-07 04:39:39

I am sure it is not just me but it seems like the other day my dd1 was a wee babe born two weeks early and looking down the barrel of cardiac surgery.

That wee babe (on profile) is going to be 5 next week - I swear time goes quicker now I am a mum.

I can't believe my babe is 5!!

I know - i will be posting on gransnet soon I can't believe my child is 35!!

Belgianchox Wed 25-Jul-07 04:45:31

agree that time goes quicker when you're a mum. I get that feeling at each birthday of my two, actually often gets me feeling clucky again....

SittingBull Wed 25-Jul-07 05:27:36

Message withdrawn

eidsvold Wed 25-Jul-07 05:55:03

sb i knew dd3 was our last but now she is at the interacting chuckling etc stage - part of me is sad that that is it.....

SittingBull Wed 25-Jul-07 05:57:34

Message withdrawn

PrettyCandles Wed 25-Jul-07 06:14:14

Yes...recognise that feeling.

I as at ther baby clinic yesterday, adn the vrey newest ones looked so tiny and fragile. Difficult to believe that my little bruiser was ever like that - and yet I know he was. I remember the feel of his foot in my hand...

Oh god I hope my children don't wait as long as I did before they have children, otherwise I may never get to be a grandmother.

meowmix Wed 25-Jul-07 07:24:40

I found DS's first shoes yesterday and sobbed. He's going to school in September but I remember him inside me kicking as if it were yesterday. Sometimes I see him and I'm shocked at how tall he is.

I dread the day he's too big for a hug to make him feel better and already worry about the first girl (or boy) who'll break his heart and how I'll handle it.

Disclaimer: DS is on holiday with DH and I am moping for them in manner of wounded cat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now