Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know how to do this?

(17 Posts)
Egypt Wed 25-Jul-07 01:09:41

Had a brainwave to try and get my 3 yr old to flippin well get herself to sleep at night.... put her favourite TV progs on CD so she can LISTEN to them in her room. (I know i could just put a songs cd on but she's not much interested). How do I do it? Not like in the olden days when I'd stick a tape recorder infront of the TV! Do I do it on the PC? How, Nero?

MotherFunk Wed 25-Jul-07 03:29:07

Message withdrawn

Egypt Wed 25-Jul-07 12:36:08

thank you motherfunk, i could download on itunes?

JackieNo Wed 25-Jul-07 12:42:54

I think BBC7 has some Cbeebies radio on it - you can listen to it online, and maybe download it to a CD?

Tortington Wed 25-Jul-07 12:44:39

FOR GODS SAKE.

take all electronic equipment out of the room.

no stimuilant.

and tell them to get theri arse back in bed if they get out.

repeat
repeat
repeat

they can stay in bed bored shitless for eternity

as long as they are in bed.

one day they will realie that its actually better to go to sleep then they can wake up ...and play.

HuwEdwards Wed 25-Jul-07 12:45:49

Egypt - listen to Custy, otherwise I fear you will be making a very heavy long rod for your back.

TinyGang Wed 25-Jul-07 13:01:16

Custy is saying wise words here.

Except in our house it goes repeat, REPEAT, REPEAT!!!! <getting louder>

I still have to do it with dd 5/nearly 6 cos she's up and down like a jack in the box some nights.

I just get very brusque so she gets no mileage out of it. It does get very wearing but I know any other props would only make things worse and keep her even more awake.

Egypt Wed 25-Jul-07 15:10:31

okay okay OKAY

thing is she's starting getting scared. - neighbour who's 7 telling her about ghosts. grrrr. she's gone down fine tonight and is letting me leave her alone. i think you're prob right custy about the rod bit. but have done the repeat repeat repeat for weeks. now trying the pleasant way!

ps, can't do BBC radio - in singapore

Egypt Wed 25-Jul-07 15:14:10

btw, managed tonight and yesterday using stickers...if she stayed in her room for 1 min without me - (literally, she was that scared) and didnt call me, i gave her a sticker - 2 mins, 5 mins, etc..... she went off fine. tonight too. might run out of stickers, but its better than getting irate. at least she has something else to focus on instead of ghosts. hence the radio idea - which i shall PROMPTLY forget. ! OKAY!?

MotherFunk Wed 25-Jul-07 16:12:51

Message withdrawn

HappyMummyOfOne Wed 25-Jul-07 18:41:18

Cbeebies do a nice cd to listen too and the charlie and lola one is nice too, if you want to make your own you can download the mp3's and write to disk.

Amazon do kids audio books like kipper, percy, bob the builder etc as bought some for DS so i'm sure there will be a nice choice for girls. The story cds are fab to fall asleep too.

Egypt Thu 26-Jul-07 01:22:41

thank you

slim22 Tue 07-Aug-07 10:57:46

hahahaha............
C what you mean now.
pfffffffffffff what a bad mother you are Egypt!

FlameBatfink Tue 07-Aug-07 11:04:18

The charlie and lola cd is great I read one story, and then DD listens to another six.

I get to go and stop being mummy for abit

Egypt Sun 12-Aug-07 06:10:48

ooo now you've revived it slim!! tee hee

thanks all for your help. actually she's going down q well at the moment with a new nightlight, a green painted wall (fave colour) and stories.......

slim22 Sun 12-Aug-07 08:23:35

lucky you!
we might have to do a shrek wall too.......

Egypt Sun 12-Aug-07 15:08:50

i have some green paint left

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now