Talk

Advanced search

sodden parking attendants!

(11 Posts)
Angeliz Tue 24-Jul-07 20:26:32

Hello all.
After a lovely day out at the park and fair, i returned to find a tosser, sorry, parking attendant slapping a ticket on. In a moment of realisation i shouted at him to wait. I explained that i had bought the ticket at the same time as my Mam who was parked right next to me. I had the ticket intact but had forgoitten to display it! He was most unhelpful.
We had 5 children from 11 months to 6 years so in my hast at getting them out of the carpark i forgot. That REALLY has to cost me sixty quid??

I have written a strong yet polite letter of appeal.
What are my chances of winning?
I can afford it if i have to but it's the bloody principle, i had paid, just forgot!If i was trying to park illegally i wouldn't have picked a public car park and when i rang he said, 'ah but we will have photographic evidence you see'
Fickin MI5 for car parks!

RubySlippers Tue 24-Jul-07 20:29:16

if you have the ticket then i am sure they can be reasonable - you weren't just trying to blag it
i got ticketed because i had displayed my ticket on the driver's window not the windscreen
i didn't have to pay the fine

moondog Tue 24-Jul-07 20:29:21

Have you enclosed photocopy of ticket?
I have appealed succesfully twice.
Once when pg and had to race off to throw up,second time loading up my car when in labour.

doormat Tue 24-Jul-07 20:32:25

I appealed a couple of months ago and won

i put a ticket on windscreen and it was displayed but pa assumed that an old one on my passenger seat had dropped off and booked me

I chased round after him and marched him back to my car and showed him my ticket
he apologised
and gave me instructions on how to appeal
and he had taken a photo but because of sun glare could not see the ticket i had displayed

go for it you may get it
woth a try
good luck
xxx

Angeliz Tue 24-Jul-07 20:32:45

Yes i'm going to enclose a photocopy of the ticket.

doormat Tue 24-Jul-07 20:35:06

no dont send photocopy,go to office and they will photocopy it for you and give you back the original

Angeliz Tue 24-Jul-07 20:38:43

Why's that doormat?
It's just it's actually in the next town and i have no idea where the office is!

RubySlippers Tue 24-Jul-07 20:39:32

sending a photocopy is fine
i did

doormat Tue 24-Jul-07 20:40:25

fair enough i was down road , wouldnt go that far

but showed them my ticket and the fine and it was dealt with in 2 days

BettySpaghetti Tue 24-Jul-07 20:43:52

I appealed after the ticket I bought blew upside down (without me realising it) when I shut the car door -as the attendant couldn't see the details I got a ticket.

I wrote to them explaining, with a photocopy of my ticket, and I didn't have to pay

tearinghairout Tue 24-Jul-07 20:56:41

If you write & send the ticket they will let you off - don't worry about it. He was just being a jobsworth. (I don't know if they'll acceot a photocopy).

A similar thing happened to me - ticket blew off onto floor when I shut the door, the parking attendant gave me a ticket, I spoke to him & he said he couldn't cancel it now it was written, but that it would be OK if I sent it in, and it was!
So don't fret

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now