Talk

Advanced search

Anybody conceived a baby on an unlikely date of your cycle?

(6 Posts)
Bouquetsofdynomite Tue 24-Jul-07 09:08:10

Was it a regular cycle up to then and were there any mitigating circumstances that might have changed your cycle(eg drugs, stress.)
Just wondering, DH & I seem to have unofficially started using the calendar method of birth control and I'm too broody right now to point out quite how unreliable it is.

nowwearefour Tue 24-Jul-07 09:10:01

Yes I did just a few days before my period was due. I actually miscarried that baby but it did prove to me that taking risks if you dont want to conceive just isnt worth it. I have two lovely DDs and feel my family is now complete so I wont be doing anything risky again!

berolina Tue 24-Jul-07 09:12:13

I have conceived on a 'borderline' day, when I actually thought we would probably get away with it/have no hope (had very ambiguous feelings about getting pg at the time). Otherwise I have a very reliable cycle and am certain we could get away with the calendar method. However, it can always happen that your cycle is out either way, and the 14-days-between-ovulation-and-period thing isn't always hard and fast either.

Tbh, though, if your dh doesn't want to see about more reliable contraception, he might have to live with you getting pg...

Bouquetsofdynomite Tue 24-Jul-07 09:24:20

Yeah I'm kind of half feeling that he should get off his arse and do some research if he's that set against it but also feeling I'm witholding information somewhat (and deliberately not researching it thoroughly myself).
Have been skipping the condoms from about Day21 to day5 (28day cycle, think I might ovulate a bit earlier than day14).

LoveAngel Tue 24-Jul-07 09:40:30

I'm pretty sure I got pregnant with my son the day after my period ended - so CD6 or CD7 (I think? I dont do all the cycle tracking malarkey so not sure if thats right..?).

pucca Tue 24-Jul-07 09:41:05

Yes i conceived late in my cycle, didn't get a pos result until 5 days late with AF, and all the measurments of baby added up to me conieving late on, as in on day 20 of 28 day cycle.

Not worth the risk imo.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: