Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grammer hlp needed asap

(17 Posts)
melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:01:13

I have a supplier who NEVER EVER bloody gets back to me , doesnt matter how many times I ask him in on the phone or email for information. I am always polite and calm.

I want to send him an email to express my frustration & ask for info/status on a delivery but they all seem pointless as he still doesn't reply & yet when I finally speak with him he is nothing but charming , its soooooo driving me crazy now.

I really need some information for a client and I cant seem to contact him AGAIN. I then feel guilty if he does communicate and says hes stressed or been out of the country.

This is what Ive written so far (be warned its a bit pride and prejudice) , but this is what he is like !!!!!

"Hi D...........

Please reply in some form ;text/email/phone, I have no idea if you have received any of my messages or if things are planned for delivery as requested for this Friday?

Im always polite , patient and courteous , please do yourself the honour of paying me the same.............. "

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:03:36

its my title isnt it , I should have said :

Im just going to scream and send my dirty nappies to him in the post !!!!

mascarpone Mon 23-Jul-07 15:17:21

Melsy - wasn't sure what help you needed but if it was me I would write something like:

Dear X

I urgently need an update on the delivery I requested for this Friday. I have left you messages several times but have not yet received a response.

I am getting rather frustrated from the regular lack of communication on your part. I am always polite, patient and courteous in dealing with you and, in return, I would expect to be treated in a similar fashion. I feel the consistent lack of response is jeopardising our ability to work together. I would very much appreciate a swift response regarding Friday.

Yours,

Don't feel guilty - his problems are not yours and if it's causing you an issue, can you try to find someone else who can supply instead? I am a supplier myself, so I know that not responding etc etc will lose me business!

Hope this helps

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:24:38

thank you, thats the sort of thing I was after, my heart is pounding right now from the anxiety attached to this order and I just coudnt think straight.

I suppose on my part I find it hard to send emails like that , as Im self employed and deal with may be one collection at a time so Im a rather tiny part of many business I deal with. You get the feeling that some traders themselves dont care if they loose my business.

I also havent done any proper wrok for over a year now ,just have this rotten order from a year back, (long story involving a smashed suite at the wharehouse after months of production), thats caused soo many worries. I think my confidence in my business is low right now.

mascarpone Mon 23-Jul-07 15:31:46

Hmm, yes I know what you mean. I am also self-employed and I get these horrible gut-wrenching feelings when things go wrong. However, I have come to the conclusion that the more I sound confident and assertive, the more respectfully people deal with me. Tricky though, isn't it?

Is there no other supplier you could deal with instead? I have had the best service from small companies that were just starting out. A couple of them now have grown so my business is now really small to them, but they recognise that I helped them when they started.

edam Mon 23-Jul-07 15:36:26

Agree you need to change suppliers if possible; this guy sounds repeatedly unreliable.

Like Marscapone's message but would take out the line about being courteous, go straight from '... your part.' to 'I feel...'. Unless he has been downright rude, in which case you definitely need a new supplier.

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:36:27

unfortunately not for this, as I designed the suite and all the money has been mostly paid now! Out of goodwill he took quite a lot of money off and thats gone back to the client,(some more yet to go back to client) so there's no much more to pay now.

I dont think I will use him much from now on , a shame really as his product is good. Although after this calamity of containers and handlers , hes no longer doing bespoke , which is the USP of what I do.

edam Mon 23-Jul-07 15:38:14

You could add something about: 'My clients are becoming concerned about the reliabilty of my supplier. I am considering changing suppliers as a result.'

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:38:21

never ever rude , a proper Mr Darcy on the phone but I get info at the l1th hr and after Ive had to say embarresingly to my client " I have left several messages"!!!!!

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:43:48

How does this sound after the 1st paragraph ?

Mr X(my client) is becoming concerned about the reliabilty of my supplier and has threatened cancellation on several occasions. It will not look good on my part to have no information to pass on when they make contact this week.

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:46:15

arghhhhhhh I feel sick

mascarpone Mon 23-Jul-07 15:48:02

How about 'It is very embarassing for me to have no information to pass on to my client'.

If this escalates, have you thought what your final position is? ie what will happen if the client does cancel? how will that affect you?

mascarpone Mon 23-Jul-07 15:50:10

Do you have a contract with this supplier? Are there any clauses in there which might help?

SOrry, have to just go and get dd out of bed, but will be back in a minute!

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:50:58

I just cant bare the thought of starting all over again. Its been longer than a year now for this damn stuff !! The whole house has been like this , every part of it.

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 15:52:52

lol me too , dd2 has been there quite a while now !!!

No contract

I have one now for all future clients , but suppliers wont deal with them for small fry, used to be a buyer and had huge buying power. This is a whole diff noodle now for me !!!

mascarpone Mon 23-Jul-07 16:38:04

Hope it all works out OK!

melsy Mon 23-Jul-07 16:49:09

thank you for your help mascarpone/edam, email sent now to supplier and client. Waiting in hope !!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now