Talk

Advanced search

Swagger Inn 161 - Springtime is here so wenches get in the beds to help things to grow

(1000 Posts)
LetUsPrey Wed 17-Apr-19 19:01:57

Thought I’d go with a gardening theme grin

Lovely sunny weather

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Fri 19-Apr-19 17:24:35

It's summer here! Unfortunately I've worked since 7 in the morning and fell asleep after that. Had some smoked and cured salmon and pickled herring and now watchin telly. Hope all wenches has a lovely evening wine

LetUsPrey Fri 19-Apr-19 20:37:09

You sound like you’ve deserved that sleep and the food and the telly Wicked.

I’ve had a fab day. DH went and got fish and chips and now I’m having a Pimms.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Fri 19-Apr-19 21:18:53

We had a BBQ here as well. We started a bit late and ended up shivering around the fire like stereotypical 'homeless people around a brazier' while the DCs raced about playing 'zombie tag' hmm

OverpricedLocalAttraction was fun though - three tired and happy children; four tired and frazzled parents!

Urgh to work wicked sad
<ignores own inbox>
<pours more Pimms for all wenches>

LetUsPrey Fri 19-Apr-19 22:10:32

<pinches a sausage from Apricot’s barbecue>
<takes a burger from Helen’s>

I’m rather tired. I may head to the chateau where Aramis can do many and wondrous things.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Fri 19-Apr-19 23:16:45

We're watching (or we were) a TOTP from 1984 - mullets a go-go. Now DH is trying to find another song from the middle of a concert that hes got recorded on the box. Credit where it's due - he's actually found it. <is impressed> But I'm too tired and I need to go to the hayloft - where Athos can play the part of my duvet.

FancyFancy Fri 19-Apr-19 23:54:00

Well, no Pimms but I have been on the pink fizz smile

Ooh, i think I have that one recorded helen - I look forward to seeing teh haircuts

LetUsPrey Sat 20-Apr-19 10:53:46

Morning wenches. Another fabulously sunny day here which I plan to spend doing not much at all, other than HBFs on a Bali bed <draws curtains>

Ah the fashions and haircuts of the mid 80s grin

FancyFancy Sat 20-Apr-19 11:01:19

More fabulous sunshine here. Need to get some shores done this morning before heading out for the afternoon.

FancyFancy Sat 20-Apr-19 11:15:42

chores FFS. Although shores sounds more fun - like lazing around on a beach somewhere.....

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sat 20-Apr-19 15:29:45

We have been for a walk and a cultural excursion to admire artwork.
It's hooooooooooooooooooooot <wilts>
And now FamilleElk have left <wails>
And I have a family gathering to attend.
It is a Busy Day. There are a lot of things to do, and sadly none of those things are HBFs. Things are very inconsiderate.

I like the idea of shores Fancy - we could all have a wench excursion to a beach and laze about on bali beds with HBFs.

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sat 20-Apr-19 15:38:56

Put up a shelving unit today in my storage room in the cellar, looks really good but I'm knackered.

ApricotCrush Sat 20-Apr-19 16:30:37

Well done WW.

We were shivering too Helen. You forget it's still April.

DGS got soaked at the beach yesterday and then DD found she'd left all his clothes at home. shock. An emergency trip to the nearest Matalan ensued.

Going out for a meal tonight.

LetUsPrey Sat 20-Apr-19 18:52:16

Evening wenches.

I would like to do HBFs on the shores. Instead I’ve done some washing and other bits and bobs, and then spent most of the day lying in the sun, reading. I’ve finished American Gods.

Well done Wicked - have a large wine

shock at emergency shopping trip for MiniMiniApricot. Have a lovely meal.

Better go and assist with barbecue duties.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sat 20-Apr-19 23:32:52

No-one in then? Jolly good - Hayloft and HBFs to myself wink

<erk> at emergency shopping. I think DH did that once with DS, but only insofar as Dh had left DS to dress himself, and then, once they were out, found that DS had dressed for tropical climes rather than an average UK autumn, so they picked up a top at Primark (or somewhere similar)

I had nice family gathering but I am now pooped... night all. Hopefully not so hot tomorrow, or the Easter Egg hunt will be more of a squishy foil/chocolate sludge hunt!

LetUsPrey Sun 21-Apr-19 09:24:51

Morning wenches.

I slept in the Tav garden last night Helen. Hope you made use of all the extra room in the hayloft wink

Beautiful again here. I’m off out to do my exercise before it gets too hot and then we’re doing visiting later.

FancyFancy Sun 21-Apr-19 11:55:21

Morning
Lovely again here - went for a short walk yesterday, it was lovely outside smile FancyMan was here last night & we had breakfast in the garden this morning - I'm determined to make the most of the nice weather.

Speaking of which - I have washing to put on the line & then a garden centre to visit - well it is a bank holiday weekend wink

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sun 21-Apr-19 15:27:53

An hour ago I wrote....

There is hot, sunny loveliness outside. There are also my bare legs poking out from my shorts, which will probably account for any reports you hear of people being blinded by an unknown white glare of reflected sunlight.

Well done on occupying the Tav garden LetUs - and there I was thinking that was a massive mosquito bite on your neck wink

We are off out again in a hour - I need to do something productive with my time... maybe an HBF? grin

PS - I am in awe of your exercise LetUs - I ran (literally) to a cashpoint and back a few days ago - possibly 200 yards away - and now my quad muscles are seized up and protesting every time I sit down to stand up blush I am clearly not fit at all.

FancyFancy Sun 21-Apr-19 15:44:52

shock I am outraged one of the garden centres was shut shock

LetUsPrey Sun 21-Apr-19 17:31:53

I also have shorts on Helen. Look out for reported sightings of a Yeti.

Yep, damn mosquitoes wink. Hope you found something interesting to do. The running is a very large light jog interspersed with walking. The aim is to avoid Greenpeace setting up a protective area around me when I’m by the pool on holiday. Also to improve non-existent fitness.

Shut?! What the what Fancy?! Blimey. shock

I’m in the garden listening to next door. I don’t want to listen but there’s someone with a loud laugh and they’re finding everything very funny hmm

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sun 21-Apr-19 17:44:44

Slept late, went for a walk into the city center visiting a market, bought some tea. Took a nap. Now watching telly. I'm so lazy.

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sun 21-Apr-19 18:24:11

I didn't order the dress in the end, got four tops instead smile

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sun 21-Apr-19 20:33:06

shock at closed garden centre.

This thread is very appropriate Fancy:
twitter.com/ThatConnArtist/status/853534799713247232
AND ON EASTER SUNDAY JESUS DID RISE DECREEING THAT THE BIG TESCO MUST CLOSE IN HIS HONOUR BUT THE EXPRESS STORE CAN STAY OPEN FOR ESSENTIALS
AND LO, NO GARDEN CENTRE SHALL OPEN, EVEN THOUGH THIS IS THE BEST WEEKEND TO PLANT FORTH SEED

LetUs - I shaved my legs, mainly to ensure that the swimming pool will not resemble a kelp bed next time I go swimming grin

Hope Apricot's having a nice time and getting this weather at the caravan - apparenty it was 23 in Edinburgh and 25 in Surrey today. <more shock >

Wicked - do you need a new apartment to fit it your wardrobe? Or are you horribly organised and get rid of clothes when you buy new ones?

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sun 21-Apr-19 20:42:50

I do clear out from time to time Helen, but my chest of drawers are getting pretty full now blush

LetUsPrey Sun 21-Apr-19 21:39:41

Lie-in, walk, market, tea, nap, telly sounds like a good day to me Wicked.

<snort> at the Express Store can stay open for essentials and grin at kelp bed

I’m terrible for buying new clothes and not clearing other stuff out.

I’ve had another lazy-ish day but have done loads of ironing, DH has got the snooker on and is regaling me with “exciting” things that have happened during this frame and the previous ones. HBFs do not tell you stuff about sport. HBFs tell you what it is they want to do to you, and what they’re doing to you, and what they want you to do to them. And after considering that last sentence, I need a bit of a lie down.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Mon 22-Apr-19 08:28:55

<rolls out of hayloft>
Was a bit noisy up there last night - lots of conversations going on about what people wanted to do or something. Didn't really pay attention, what with being busy with Athos and all.

Agree though - HBFs do not tell you about sport, or make you stop what you're doing so they can rewind and show you the exciting parts. Or at least - the HBFs do you show you exciting parts, but they don't involve snooker balls... (or footballs, or any other sporting balls and shuttlecocks).

Today looks like another lovely day, so I think it will be mostly a gardening day. Though I do have to venture out and say goodbye to a visiting relative, who I suspect I forgot to say goodbye to yesterday while I was busy trying to round up DS and make him display some sort of social skills/politeness...

Washing may also be involved because of the lovely weather. Maybe I can wash bath mats today. <wonders how to cope with the excitement of it all>

This thread is not accepting new messages.