Talk

Advanced search

Swagger Inn 161 - Springtime is here so wenches get in the beds to help things to grow

(1000 Posts)
LetUsPrey Wed 17-Apr-19 19:01:57

Thought I’d go with a gardening theme grin

Lovely sunny weather

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Wed 17-Apr-19 19:27:50

Letus grin

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Wed 17-Apr-19 19:43:13

Well done LetUs - we're getting a bit rubbish at remembering to start a new thread until the last minute!

Now, where are my 'gardening' pictures...? Aramis seems to spend a lot of time attracted to bushes
<snerk>
<is juvenile>
<gets back to work>

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Wed 17-Apr-19 19:47:29

plus...

These HBFs are quite handy on the gardening front...

ApricotCrush Wed 17-Apr-19 20:58:29

Lovely new thread LetUs. Brandon is waiting for you with something to add to your theme.

LetUsPrey Wed 17-Apr-19 22:28:13

<wanders in from Tav garden>
I seem to have got a bit dirty from all that —rolling around— gardening in the beds. Everything got turned over —several times—

Aramis was, as you say Helen, very attentive to the bush area

And Brandon, how thoughtful. Let me express my gratitude.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Wed 17-Apr-19 22:50:45

Filthy as ever then LetUs? wink

LetUsPrey Wed 17-Apr-19 23:00:48

As only a wench can be Helen grin

FancyFancy Wed 17-Apr-19 23:02:07

Excellent new thread with some lovely specimens grin

<adds more>

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Wed 17-Apr-19 23:30:57

How is it 11:30? FFS and all that.

Elk says <yawn> because she is tired - obvs. Not because she is finding my company boring..
<drones on about work and being tired>
<notices that Elk is actually snoring now>
Or it might be the cat snoring actually.

Whatevs - hayloft time. Night all.

LetUsPrey Wed 17-Apr-19 23:56:33

Night Helen. Night Elk.

Hayloft for me also, although I should shower first what with all that gardening.

LetUsPrey Thu 18-Apr-19 08:15:01

Morning wenches. Not usually this happy that it’s Thursday but long Bank Holiday weekend awaits! Woohooooo! And some lovely weather too.

<sets out sun loungers>
<puts fresh cushions on the Bali beds>
<restocks sun cream in the event wenches venture out from the Bali beds>

FancyFancy Thu 18-Apr-19 08:35:06

Morning. Looking lovely here too. Soo much work to get through today I doubt I will see much of it though!

<waves to elk>
Laters....

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Thu 18-Apr-19 10:00:50

If the Bali beds include HBFs then I see no reason to stir from them...

Weather is also lovely here. Handy, since I've just put cat-vommed throws in the wash [resigned] Beach day today I think.

ApricotCrush Thu 18-Apr-19 14:16:41

Afternoon.

<googles Bali beds> Oh, wonderful!

Have a fab time at the beach HelenFamily and ElkFamily.

I think I'm more or less done with the packing now. Will be on our way later. DD and Co. are joining us tomorrow. Will try to keep in touch wifi permitting.

Have a lovely weekend all. smile

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Thu 18-Apr-19 18:22:48

Discovered a place near me called The Candy Mall, they have more than 1000 different kinds of candy, bought a bit more than I planned ......

FancyFancy Thu 18-Apr-19 20:53:31

Hope you all had a fab time at the beach helen

Safe travels apricot & enjoy all the lovely weather predicted.

Any good sour sweets ww? wink

Every year I forget that work buys us all an Easter egg. Every year. The upside of this is that I am pleasantly surprised every year grin

LetUsPrey Thu 18-Apr-19 21:16:01

Evening wenches. I’m freeeeeeeeeee —until Tuesday—!!!

Just remember that the curtains round the Bali beds don’t block out any noise Helen grin. Hope the beach was fun.

Have a fab weekend Apricot. gin <—- your special wine

Candy Mall sounds amazing

grin at a surprise every Easter Fancy. We got a little gift too which is also a surprise, but more from the point of view that any of the bosses actually gave a shit grin

I’ve been out to a supermarket which has 25% off their clothes at the moment to shop for holiday things. Tried on loads, bought vest tops.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Thu 18-Apr-19 21:49:09

<googles Bali Beds>
<installs opaque curtains>
grin

Beach was lovely, though the breeze was a bit... bracing. Certainly not the weather for anything more than paddling. But it was a fun day out with fish and chips on the sea front and an enormous icecream afterwards - which made me feel over-full and slightly sick was lovely. The thought of a Candy Mall does not appeal after the ice cream though [evy] <-- not envy.

Tomorrow will be another day out to OverpricedLocalAttraction which the DCs will love and the grown-ups will trudge round in various states of boredom/resignation.

Must also go visit that Supermarket to investigate their clothes.

LetUsPrey Thu 18-Apr-19 23:45:04

Mmmm fish and chips, and ice cream

Hayloft and HBFs for me

LetUsPrey Fri 19-Apr-19 09:51:49

Morning wenches.

It’s absolutely glorious out there! Hope all wenches are enjoying similar weather. I’ve just sat outside to have my breakfast smile

Plans for today are —washing, tidying, housework— lounging around with HBFs.

FancyFancy Fri 19-Apr-19 10:52:20

Lovely here too letus - maybe dinner in the garden tonight <contemplates breaking out the Pimms>

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Fri 19-Apr-19 10:54:32

Also lovely - I put washing out this morning and then noticed the detergent sitting beside the machine still. Oh well - it looks clean enough. confused

Lounging with Pimms sounds like a good plan...

ApricotCrush Fri 19-Apr-19 15:14:21

Glorious here too. DD and I are sunbathing on the decking, the men have taken DGS down to the beach. We're having a barby later.

Enjoy the weather all.

LetUsPrey Fri 19-Apr-19 15:29:23

Afternoon wenches.

Also sunbathing. Did the exercise thing this morning and actually did some full minutes of running. Been lying on the lounger this afternoon, DH is taking DS2 to his swimming lesson. I am definitely having a Pimms tonight.

All is well with the world.

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Fri 19-Apr-19 17:24:35

It's summer here! Unfortunately I've worked since 7 in the morning and fell asleep after that. Had some smoked and cured salmon and pickled herring and now watchin telly. Hope all wenches has a lovely evening wine

LetUsPrey Fri 19-Apr-19 20:37:09

You sound like you’ve deserved that sleep and the food and the telly Wicked.

I’ve had a fab day. DH went and got fish and chips and now I’m having a Pimms.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Fri 19-Apr-19 21:18:53

We had a BBQ here as well. We started a bit late and ended up shivering around the fire like stereotypical 'homeless people around a brazier' while the DCs raced about playing 'zombie tag' hmm

OverpricedLocalAttraction was fun though - three tired and happy children; four tired and frazzled parents!

Urgh to work wicked sad
<ignores own inbox>
<pours more Pimms for all wenches>

LetUsPrey Fri 19-Apr-19 22:10:32

<pinches a sausage from Apricot’s barbecue>
<takes a burger from Helen’s>

I’m rather tired. I may head to the chateau where Aramis can do many and wondrous things.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Fri 19-Apr-19 23:16:45

We're watching (or we were) a TOTP from 1984 - mullets a go-go. Now DH is trying to find another song from the middle of a concert that hes got recorded on the box. Credit where it's due - he's actually found it. <is impressed> But I'm too tired and I need to go to the hayloft - where Athos can play the part of my duvet.

FancyFancy Fri 19-Apr-19 23:54:00

Well, no Pimms but I have been on the pink fizz smile

Ooh, i think I have that one recorded helen - I look forward to seeing teh haircuts

LetUsPrey Sat 20-Apr-19 10:53:46

Morning wenches. Another fabulously sunny day here which I plan to spend doing not much at all, other than HBFs on a Bali bed <draws curtains>

Ah the fashions and haircuts of the mid 80s grin

FancyFancy Sat 20-Apr-19 11:01:19

More fabulous sunshine here. Need to get some shores done this morning before heading out for the afternoon.

FancyFancy Sat 20-Apr-19 11:15:42

chores FFS. Although shores sounds more fun - like lazing around on a beach somewhere.....

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sat 20-Apr-19 15:29:45

We have been for a walk and a cultural excursion to admire artwork.
It's hooooooooooooooooooooot <wilts>
And now FamilleElk have left <wails>
And I have a family gathering to attend.
It is a Busy Day. There are a lot of things to do, and sadly none of those things are HBFs. Things are very inconsiderate.

I like the idea of shores Fancy - we could all have a wench excursion to a beach and laze about on bali beds with HBFs.

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sat 20-Apr-19 15:38:56

Put up a shelving unit today in my storage room in the cellar, looks really good but I'm knackered.

ApricotCrush Sat 20-Apr-19 16:30:37

Well done WW.

We were shivering too Helen. You forget it's still April.

DGS got soaked at the beach yesterday and then DD found she'd left all his clothes at home. shock. An emergency trip to the nearest Matalan ensued.

Going out for a meal tonight.

LetUsPrey Sat 20-Apr-19 18:52:16

Evening wenches.

I would like to do HBFs on the shores. Instead I’ve done some washing and other bits and bobs, and then spent most of the day lying in the sun, reading. I’ve finished American Gods.

Well done Wicked - have a large wine

shock at emergency shopping trip for MiniMiniApricot. Have a lovely meal.

Better go and assist with barbecue duties.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sat 20-Apr-19 23:32:52

No-one in then? Jolly good - Hayloft and HBFs to myself wink

<erk> at emergency shopping. I think DH did that once with DS, but only insofar as Dh had left DS to dress himself, and then, once they were out, found that DS had dressed for tropical climes rather than an average UK autumn, so they picked up a top at Primark (or somewhere similar)

I had nice family gathering but I am now pooped... night all. Hopefully not so hot tomorrow, or the Easter Egg hunt will be more of a squishy foil/chocolate sludge hunt!

LetUsPrey Sun 21-Apr-19 09:24:51

Morning wenches.

I slept in the Tav garden last night Helen. Hope you made use of all the extra room in the hayloft wink

Beautiful again here. I’m off out to do my exercise before it gets too hot and then we’re doing visiting later.

FancyFancy Sun 21-Apr-19 11:55:21

Morning
Lovely again here - went for a short walk yesterday, it was lovely outside smile FancyMan was here last night & we had breakfast in the garden this morning - I'm determined to make the most of the nice weather.

Speaking of which - I have washing to put on the line & then a garden centre to visit - well it is a bank holiday weekend wink

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sun 21-Apr-19 15:27:53

An hour ago I wrote....

There is hot, sunny loveliness outside. There are also my bare legs poking out from my shorts, which will probably account for any reports you hear of people being blinded by an unknown white glare of reflected sunlight.

Well done on occupying the Tav garden LetUs - and there I was thinking that was a massive mosquito bite on your neck wink

We are off out again in a hour - I need to do something productive with my time... maybe an HBF? grin

PS - I am in awe of your exercise LetUs - I ran (literally) to a cashpoint and back a few days ago - possibly 200 yards away - and now my quad muscles are seized up and protesting every time I sit down to stand up blush I am clearly not fit at all.

FancyFancy Sun 21-Apr-19 15:44:52

shock I am outraged one of the garden centres was shut shock

LetUsPrey Sun 21-Apr-19 17:31:53

I also have shorts on Helen. Look out for reported sightings of a Yeti.

Yep, damn mosquitoes wink. Hope you found something interesting to do. The running is a very large light jog interspersed with walking. The aim is to avoid Greenpeace setting up a protective area around me when I’m by the pool on holiday. Also to improve non-existent fitness.

Shut?! What the what Fancy?! Blimey. shock

I’m in the garden listening to next door. I don’t want to listen but there’s someone with a loud laugh and they’re finding everything very funny hmm

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sun 21-Apr-19 17:44:44

Slept late, went for a walk into the city center visiting a market, bought some tea. Took a nap. Now watching telly. I'm so lazy.

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sun 21-Apr-19 18:24:11

I didn't order the dress in the end, got four tops instead smile

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Sun 21-Apr-19 20:33:06

shock at closed garden centre.

This thread is very appropriate Fancy:
twitter.com/ThatConnArtist/status/853534799713247232
AND ON EASTER SUNDAY JESUS DID RISE DECREEING THAT THE BIG TESCO MUST CLOSE IN HIS HONOUR BUT THE EXPRESS STORE CAN STAY OPEN FOR ESSENTIALS
AND LO, NO GARDEN CENTRE SHALL OPEN, EVEN THOUGH THIS IS THE BEST WEEKEND TO PLANT FORTH SEED

LetUs - I shaved my legs, mainly to ensure that the swimming pool will not resemble a kelp bed next time I go swimming grin

Hope Apricot's having a nice time and getting this weather at the caravan - apparenty it was 23 in Edinburgh and 25 in Surrey today. <more shock >

Wicked - do you need a new apartment to fit it your wardrobe? Or are you horribly organised and get rid of clothes when you buy new ones?

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Sun 21-Apr-19 20:42:50

I do clear out from time to time Helen, but my chest of drawers are getting pretty full now blush

LetUsPrey Sun 21-Apr-19 21:39:41

Lie-in, walk, market, tea, nap, telly sounds like a good day to me Wicked.

<snort> at the Express Store can stay open for essentials and grin at kelp bed

I’m terrible for buying new clothes and not clearing other stuff out.

I’ve had another lazy-ish day but have done loads of ironing, DH has got the snooker on and is regaling me with “exciting” things that have happened during this frame and the previous ones. HBFs do not tell you stuff about sport. HBFs tell you what it is they want to do to you, and what they’re doing to you, and what they want you to do to them. And after considering that last sentence, I need a bit of a lie down.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Mon 22-Apr-19 08:28:55

<rolls out of hayloft>
Was a bit noisy up there last night - lots of conversations going on about what people wanted to do or something. Didn't really pay attention, what with being busy with Athos and all.

Agree though - HBFs do not tell you about sport, or make you stop what you're doing so they can rewind and show you the exciting parts. Or at least - the HBFs do you show you exciting parts, but they don't involve snooker balls... (or footballs, or any other sporting balls and shuttlecocks).

Today looks like another lovely day, so I think it will be mostly a gardening day. Though I do have to venture out and say goodbye to a visiting relative, who I suspect I forgot to say goodbye to yesterday while I was busy trying to round up DS and make him display some sort of social skills/politeness...

Washing may also be involved because of the lovely weather. Maybe I can wash bath mats today. <wonders how to cope with the excitement of it all>

LetUsPrey Mon 22-Apr-19 09:10:41

Morning wenches.

Sorry about the noise Helen. “Busy with Athos” - so innocent, sounds like you were doing the washing up, or a spot of decorating, or tidying. You know, putting things away in the right place <tae>

grin at balls and shuttlecocks

I too am thrilled by the prospect of getting our bath mat and towels washed and dried in one day.

Need to go and collect a parcel from Next, which I’ll no doubt take back in a few days.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Mon 22-Apr-19 10:26:41

But what else would I be doing with Athos on a bank holiday weekend LetUs? halo

I have been to see visiting relative, and as I leapt from the sofa here to go and see them I think in have properly pulled a quad muscle now. Poop. I am sporting an ice-pack on my leg to stop DH looking at me in a disapproving/FFS way. (i.e. in the same way that I would look at him, if he said he had hurt himself and then did nothing about treating the injury.)

I haven't done the bath mats yet though! Hurrah for exciting washing loads. The washing machine has been quite well behaved recently - this may inspire it to go for a walk during the spin cycle...

FancyFancy Mon 22-Apr-19 10:54:40

Sounds like you need a massage helen grin
A day of dull chores today - am working away all week so need to get stuff done before I head off later.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Mon 22-Apr-19 12:45:21

Yes Fancy - Yes I do.

I also need lunch. So does DS. Yet more excitement!
<keels over>

LetUsPrey Mon 22-Apr-19 12:57:58

<places HBF under Helen> just to break the fall you understand. Mind you, whilst you’re down there....

Went for a walk with —chatty— DH to the retail park. We did over four miles.

LovelyMIL’s coming round for dinner so I’ll need to —hide stuff in cupboards— do some tidying.

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Mon 22-Apr-19 13:38:52

It's like summer here. I went to the supermarket and now I need a shower. Glad I'm not living in the next building, always music blasting from an apartment there, seem to be a young bloke living there. It's pretty quiet in my biilding, so far at least.

ApricotCrush Mon 22-Apr-19 20:08:30

Evening wenches.

We're home. It's been a lovely weekend, weather was glorious, although it disappeared today. We walked miles round the beach yesterday as DGS wanted an ice-cream and the van was a bit further away than we thought. hmm We then had to queue for what seemed like half an hour with diesel fumes wafting over us. Last night we had fish and chips sitting on the sea wall watching the sun set into the sea. It was quite magical.

Hope the weather holds here tomorrow as I have piles of washing.

Going to catch up with Line of Duty now.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Mon 22-Apr-19 20:49:08

Hurrah for lovely weekends apricot

I am shovelling DS into the bath while I do some work.

In other news, I attacked the ivy that was on a shed roof. The ivy was either making the roof collapse, or holding it up. So far, I've taken about half the ivy off (three heap wheelbarrow loads) and the roof is still up. But I haven't got to the part of the roof that is collapsing, so... DH has repaired the front gate at last and I have potted on seedlings. <awards self star for productive afternoon>

LetUsPrey Mon 22-Apr-19 21:06:45

A quiet building is good Wicked.

Fish and chips whilst watching the sunset does sound magical Apricot. Fingers crossed for nice weather sticking around.

You can have a big ⭐️ Helen and a smaller 💫 for MrHelen.

Had a fab afternoon and early evening with LovelyMIL

Am trying to gear myself up for work tomorrow. It’s not going well.

LetUsPrey Mon 22-Apr-19 23:07:20

Have watched Line of Duty. Tense.

Heading to the hayloft where HBFs shall take my mind off tomorrow’s return to work.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Mon 22-Apr-19 23:10:27

Yes. Work. Am also not looking forward to it. I may just hide in the hayloft and pretend I'm not here. Have also been doing some freelance stuff since throwing DS in the bath, and have thoroughly stressed myself out with deadlines looming, etc.
<gloom>

LetUsPrey Mon 22-Apr-19 23:28:09

<throws Athos over Helen>

No, not seen Helen. No idea where she is.

<gets back to HBFs>

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Tue 23-Apr-19 00:07:49

FFS I need to be in bed...(with Athos, obvs.)

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Tue 23-Apr-19 07:56:39

Urgh. Sort-of-Monday.
<washes/wipes/polishes/puts on brew >

<throws every wench in hayloft/cwtch cupboard etc>
Nope - nobody here. Nothing to see. They must have all gone to work already.
<sidles up ladder and buries self under hay>

LetUsPrey Tue 23-Apr-19 07:58:35

Morning wenches.

Bit overcast today.

I’ve had a think about this going back to work today thing and I’ve decided that no, I don’t think I’ll bother thank you. If only.

Hope everywench continues to have good weather and HBFs.

<throws another HBF over Helen> where could she be?

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Tue 23-Apr-19 18:22:06

I think I gained about a ton during easter confused

ApricotCrush Tue 23-Apr-19 18:26:46

Evening. It's been overcast here too, but I've managed to get two washloads done.

I'm sure you haven't WW. I'm not going on the scales for a week.

Hope work has treated you all well.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Tue 23-Apr-19 18:40:51

Work was tedious, but I did have a belated birthday card from the oblivious colleagues, so they are lower on my shit-list than they were grin

Has also been overcast here, and no washing has been done due to the BoringOfficeJob thing.

DH is currently envy <-- not envy which is very lovely (not)

<lines up drinks on the bar>
<drinks all the drinks on the bar>
<lines up more drinks on the bar>

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Tue 23-Apr-19 19:08:17

Oh and The Souvenir is in cinemas near you miles away, from 30th August.
twitter.com/TomBurkeOnlinex/status/1120028035904942081

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Tue 23-Apr-19 20:22:34

LetUs - Paella klaxon on www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/3565736-tell-me-about-any-famous-people-you-ve-met-please?trending=1
Paolo Nutini is close friends with my younger cousin. He is regularly at my auntie's house for his tea. Lovely and still very close to his old mates. He is exceptionally scatterbrained though. grin

LetUsPrey Tue 23-Apr-19 21:35:21

<runs in in response to Paella klaxon>

<screeeeeaaaaaaaaammmm> (funk my life up) see what I did there?

OMG lovely and exceptionally scatterbrained and still friends with his old mates. Didn’t think it was possible, but now I want him even more <faints>

LetUsPrey Tue 23-Apr-19 21:39:58

Also, evening wenches

I think it’s the law to put weight on over Easter.

I went to work today and it was warm and stuffy and urgh. Never mind, short week.

Hurrah for belated birthday card but booooo to MrHelen being poorly. Hope he’s better soon.

Have been out exercising again. Managed all eight of the 60 second runs today. So I shall treat myself with several HBFs. Also, Fancy said she’s working away all week so will probably be too busy to look after <tae> any HBFs so I shall wenchfully assist. <polishes halo> <also tae>

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Tue 23-Apr-19 22:07:54

Selfless as ever LetUs grin

LetUsPrey Tue 23-Apr-19 22:50:47

<sigh> I know Helen, I know

I’m watching Ghosts - comedy from the Horrible Histories team

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Wed 24-Apr-19 07:33:33

Is it good? I meant to watch and forgot about it...

LetUsPrey Wed 24-Apr-19 07:54:37

Morning wenches.

It was good Helen. Not laugh out loud funny really but for a first episode, setting things up, definitely worth a watch.

Thundery rain expected later today. Perhaps I should stay in the Tav entertaining <tae> the HBFs.

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Wed 24-Apr-19 15:21:16

On my way to meet up with friends at a pub. Can't wait for a glass of wine and some fish and chips smile

ApricotCrush Wed 24-Apr-19 18:03:24

Evening.

I tidied and cleaned the shoe cupboard in our lobby (covered area between house and garage) this morning. This afternoon we had torrential rain and the cupboard flooded. Great, all the shoes are wet now. shock DH has been up on the roof. Leaves in the spouting apparently.

Hope MrHelen is better.

That sounds lovely WW. I want fish and chips now. I have the wine.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Wed 24-Apr-19 19:58:22

MrH is better thanks - so he's gone out tonight to SportingActivity hmm Sky is looking a bit murky, but not rain or thunder yet.

Never mind apricot - at least your shoes are clean (and wet).

Well done on entertaining the HBFs LetUs - skipping work for their benefit is yet another example of your true selflessness.

LetUsPrey Wed 24-Apr-19 20:08:31

Evening wenches

We’ve had rather a lot of rain today. Lots and lots.

Hope you are now full of wine, and fish and chips Wicked.

Bit of a bigger re the leak Apricot. I’m assuming MrApricot was down from the roof safely <worries>

Pleased MrHelen is feeling better.

The amount of entertaining <tae> I’ve done today is staggering in its selflessness 😇

The DC are watching the football. I can’t watch - it’s too tense.

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Wed 24-Apr-19 20:16:21

Evening grin I've had two glasses of delicious white whine, a club sandwich and cappucino, everything delicious smile

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Wed 24-Apr-19 21:07:39

Is this something for you wenches? smile

LetUsPrey Wed 24-Apr-19 21:15:50

Yes, yes and yes again very much pleaseandthankyou thank you to you grin

LetUsPrey Wed 24-Apr-19 23:58:18

Seeing as how I don’t have any of those ice creams at the moment, I shall just have to lick something else. Hayloft for me.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Thu 25-Apr-19 00:48:53

Oh FFS - I wrote summat and forgot to hit post again.
I think I was just lining up gin wine chocolate [HBFs] etc to get us through the day/night

One more letter to put together and that's me done for today.
<gets back to work>

LetUsPrey Thu 25-Apr-19 07:40:01

Morning wenches

The drinks, chocolate and HBFs are welcome any time of the day or night Helen. Hope you got to the hayloft soon after you finished work.

Cloudy and windy here. DS1’s parents’ evening tonight. DS2 is being a bit of a PITA this morning.

I’m thinking I’m just going to stay in the hayloft today.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Thu 25-Apr-19 08:11:59

It was lovely and sunny this morning when I got up, so I put washing on. Now it is cloudy and raining. <le sigh>

Also, there is a big rat hole in the chickens run. <side-eyes at rats, and also hmm at the idiot mice which have eaten into the box and then the individual bags of rat poison that were safely stowed away in the shed. >

LetUs - is Ghosts suitable for DS?

LetUsPrey Thu 25-Apr-19 08:22:46

Raining here too.

Hmm, I think Ghosts would be okay for him Helen. I can’t really remember blush

ApricotCrush Thu 25-Apr-19 17:53:33

Afternoon. Sun and thunderstorms here. confused

<--- Loads of pics of TB about after the opening of Rosmersholm last night. Enjoyed by one and all apparently. Did you get round to reading it Helen?

Good luck at parents' evening LetUs, although I'm sure you won't need it.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Thu 25-Apr-19 19:19:25

No not yet Apricot - I will get round to it eventually.
<adds Rosmerholm script to the list of things to do<nlt> >

DS has got a Fortnight update which is Avengers-themed, and is beside himself with delight - bouncing about squeaking. Awww smile

Also BEST autocorrect ever... I was texting friend about 'practicalities' using that thing where you swipe your finger about on the keypad... looked at the screen to discover that I was talking about 'practical kitties' grin grin grin

No thunderstorms here - just mizzly drizzly rainy gloom. Though it's cleared over quite nicely though.

TB is looking rather edible there...

LetUsPrey Thu 25-Apr-19 21:15:15

Evening wenches. Rain sun rain sun and repeat.

That is a rather nice photo of TB. I’d flirt —very badly—

Must get Avengers tickets booked for this weekend

Love “practical kitties” grin

Parents’ Evening or progress review or whatever it’s called went well, although DS1 refused to go because “students don’t go and none of my mates are going”. There were loads of students there and we saw a couple of his friends <eyeroll>. He’s doing well though.

Am knackered though and DS2 is still up.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Thu 25-Apr-19 22:56:02

Yay for DS1 doing well star
DS wants to see Avengers too... So do I, obvs. Not sure if we'll get there this weekend though. See if we can get through to next weekend without too many spoilers leaking onto my various social media timelines.

Have finally watched GoT ep. 2 and Stupid Cat is staling/chasing/killing ping pong balls all over the sitting room grin

Ought to head to hayloft but need to finish updating a spreadsheet first... then I will do the hbf hayloft HBF in the hayloft.

LetUsPrey Thu 25-Apr-19 23:31:57

Awwww at StupidCat grin

Hopefully see you in the hayloft soon, although I may be busy

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Fri 26-Apr-19 00:17:16

<averts eyes>
<steps over LetUs and HBF(s)>

LetUsPrey Fri 26-Apr-19 08:07:44

Morning wenches. Happy Friday!

grin Helen. <looks over> well, that’s a fun way to start the day.

Less fun here is DS2 having a strop because I’ve reminded him he still needs to get his bag ready including homework (told him last night) and that he needs to put his name on his homework (been telling him for nearly two weeks). This is of course all my fault. Whatever. It’s Friday and it’s sunny.

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Fri 26-Apr-19 08:09:05

Is gloriously sunny here - I have put washing on. Expect reports of torrential downpours shortly...

Hurrah for Friday...

LetUsPrey Fri 26-Apr-19 17:28:13

Evening wenches.

Rain rain mcrainy rain here, although it seems to have stopped for now. Should be sportingactivity tonight and DS1 has said he’ll go.

Meant to ask Apricot, has your tooth/gum settled down? —hope I’ve not jinxed anything—

ApricotCrush Fri 26-Apr-19 18:08:03

Evening.

Rain and sun again here, managed to do the food shop during a dry spell.

Yes, teeth are fine at the moment thanks LetUs until the next time. They're a bit of a nightmare, mainly due to my grinding loosening them and the fact that the bottom ones have gone walkabout. Apparently this happens when you get old with mature years. Your jaw shrinks and pushes them out of position. DH wants me to have them out. shock

It should be quiz night at the golf club, but apparently they've had a better offer and have cancelled us. hmm

WickedWenchOfTheNorth Fri 26-Apr-19 18:17:41

Finally winewinewine

Cancelled on you Apes shock

SisterHelenoftheEternalCatchUp Fri 26-Apr-19 18:28:31

<contemplates the sort of better offer that would induce me to cancel on wenches>
<drools>

Glad to hear that teeth are ok, and there is potential HBI tonight...

This thread is not accepting new messages.