Talk

Advanced search

So.. is anyone here on the Paramana Doula course this weekend????

(15 Posts)
twolittleducks Sat 14-Jul-07 19:20:53

Anyone... ?

lulumama Sat 14-Jul-07 19:31:53

yay ! really glad you got a place on a doula course, and i look forward to hearing all about it ....enjoy it x

twolittleducks Sat 14-Jul-07 20:53:46

Thankyou, is really interesting.. i know daisymoo on here is on the course (i think) but haven't worked out who she is yet

DobbyMOO Sun 15-Jul-07 20:24:44

Hello twolittleducks! Found your message and thought I'd say hi. It was nice to meet you this weekend! Hope you had a good journey home.

MarsLady Sun 15-Jul-07 20:25:40

Newbie Doulas....

DobbyMOO Sun 15-Jul-07 20:34:32

Were your ears burning this afternoon Mars?

It was sooo good, I would really recommend the course to anyone.

MarsLady Sun 15-Jul-07 20:35:28

I felt a slight tingle!!!!!

Hope it was only good things you blighters!

DobbyMOO Sun 15-Jul-07 20:39:35

Of course!

MarsLady Sun 15-Jul-07 20:41:12

Was it a MNer gossip or was the great Michel talking about me? [hopeful emoticon]

twolittleducks Sun 15-Jul-07 20:49:44

Hellooooo..!!
Course was brilliant.. nice to finally 'meet' a real MNer!!

DobbyMOO Sun 15-Jul-07 21:42:51

'Fraid it wasn't Michel

Isn't Liliana amaaaazing. It would almost be worth having another baby if she would be my doula

twolittleducks Sun 15-Jul-07 21:59:44

She was amazing, real picture of calm and serenity!!! I have a long way to go before I would make a good doula yet

Are you planning on practising yet DoobyMoo???

DobbyMOO Sun 15-Jul-07 22:18:49

Yes, I've got a website address registered, but I need to write it and register with Doula UK still! Three of my children will be at school in September and the other one at preschool part time, so I want to start doing something for me now.

BTW, you mentioned you were thinking of training as a midwife didn't you? I'd really recommend this website for information and support - I don't think I'd have been offered a place without it.

twolittleducks Sun 15-Jul-07 22:51:24

Thanks for the website, just checking it out now.. That is what I want to go into next year, my children will be 2 and 4 so a little more manageable to work around!!

Did you do any midwifery training?? Many doulas in your area?? Good luck with the doula'ing, and lots of reporting back please

DobbyMOO Sun 15-Jul-07 23:09:49

No, I turned my place down as the commitment needed to do midwifery training is just too huge for me to manage at the moment. I might re-apply in a few years when my kids are a bit older.

I've got your email address so I'll let you know how the doula-ing goes - just need to get some clients now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now