Talk

Advanced search

grrr why so hard to post a message on Freecycle??

(10 Posts)
sparklygothkat Sat 14-Jul-07 17:55:02

I need a large bookcase for DS' room, but its taken me 3 attempts to write the message out, to their guidelines Why do you have to put your area for a wanted ad..??

fuchsia0703 Sat 14-Jul-07 20:12:37

Don't really see what the problem is - I post on Freecycle regularly and it really isn't difficult.

Spidermama Sat 14-Jul-07 20:14:50

Once I had a problem and I had to reset my account with a new name. I'm not sure why. Something to do with it being full. I never bothered gong into my Yahoo groups email account to delete all the millions of posts they put in there.

ProfYaffle Sat 14-Jul-07 20:15:46

The rules for our local Freecycle ads are a pita as well, don't use capitals, don't put a postcode, do put the area, don't put an asterix etc etc it goes on and fecking on. Drives me mad.

EscapeFrom Sat 14-Jul-07 20:18:05

vbecause they are all run by different people - and some of those people can be devastatingly pedantic about lay out! Fuchsia you obviously have a good one - don't move house! lol

collisionfrances Sat 14-Jul-07 20:23:13

I hate Freecycle as I found it too difficult to post on it!

i gave up which is a shame because I really believe in it!

BettySpaghetti Sat 14-Jul-07 20:24:49

Ours doesn't specify all that stuff about capital letters etc.(thankfully)

However they do ask that you specify the area you live in (for both Offered and Wanted posts) so people can limit the amount of travel to pick up items keeping it as green as possible.

fuchsia0703 Sat 14-Jul-07 20:40:28

I guess I must be lucky - I do understand that they want the location listed so you know where you are likely to have to go, but I've noticed people frequently forget and the item still gets posted.

sparklygothkat Sat 14-Jul-07 21:07:34

Its still not been posted on the site, yet messages after mine have been.. I think I'll give up and drive to ikea...

jellyjelly Sun 15-Jul-07 20:49:35

How do you stop all the email that they send out that fill up my box?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now