Talk

Advanced search

Quick question regarding DAMP...

(8 Posts)
zephyrcat Wed 11-Jul-07 13:16:16

If a pram went mouldy from being in a damp room and was then placed in a room with no damp, would the mould dry out or continue to grow?

nutcracker Wed 11-Jul-07 13:18:46

Am no expert, but if the room was warm and dry, i'd expect the mould to dry out.

LIZS Wed 11-Jul-07 13:25:56

Think it would dry out eventually but depends how long it takes to lose the inherent moisture and how much the mould has taken hold. We had a wardrobe go mouldy in our , not damp but unheated, garage, and clothes mildew in the loft so it doesn't take much moisture to cause it.

zephyrcat Wed 11-Jul-07 14:04:08

Thanks - do you remember the pics I posted of the pram that went mouldy? The council are telling us that the shed will be condemned because the damp is so bad but telling the insurance company that there is no damp there I've left the pram in there because it's ruined anyway and it's now totally unrecognisable!

nutcracker Wed 11-Jul-07 14:05:27

Have you taken more pics of the pram to show how much worse it is ?? (Preferably dated ones).

zephyrcat Wed 11-Jul-07 14:06:55

Not yet - I need dp to go in there and get it out, but definately will be!

LIZS Wed 11-Jul-07 14:09:34

Do you know anyone with a damp meter, the insurer should send someone out to check it if there is a discrepancy between you and what they are being told offically - would it be yours or council's policy ofr the claim ?

zephyrcat Wed 11-Jul-07 14:19:37

I don't know anyone with a damp meter. We had 2 council repair men come out to inspect it and they said the smell hit you as soon as you open the door and they would recommend it to be condemned - they won't send me a copy of the report though, they just keep saying that there hasn't been a request for any work to be done.

It's the council's policy because I'm claiming against them for the cost of the pram.

The block warden told me that he went down there to clean the shed and that the seat on the exercise bike was now gathering mould - and then got a letter from the complaints manager saying that she went and inspected it with the warden and that they found the walls dry and no damp!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now