Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I give her a present?

(5 Posts)
FairyOnTheChristmasTree Mon 09-Jul-07 21:35:12

There is a girl I know at work. She is lovely and we talk alot and often sit together whenever possible. She is a great laugh and we get on great. I would certainly consider her a friend at this point rather than an aquaintance but we're just in the 'new friend' stage at the mo. We don't know each other intimately as good friends would but our friendship will go that way I'm sure. It's her birthday soon and i'm wondering if I should just get her a card or a box of chocs too? I don't want her to feel embarrassed and I don't want to seem too forward. What to do?

luckylady74 Mon 09-Jul-07 21:42:04

i would absolutely get a present too, but something small that fits in the envelope like a mini handcream or earrings or anything small really - somehow seems less forward!

catnip Mon 09-Jul-07 21:43:48

Yes, something little - I can clearly remember the times that colleagues have bought me pressies and I have always really touched

funnypeculiar Mon 09-Jul-07 21:45:03

agree - something little (you can get those mini-boxes of chocs for 99p ish) - why not tell someone you like them? It's a nice thing to do

SpeccieSeccie Mon 09-Jul-07 23:46:28

Could you bring cakes at lunchtime? Wouldn't have to be homemade, I stress.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now