Talk

Advanced search

would you be insulted if someone said you looked like a character from a cartoon?

(25 Posts)
Califrau Sun 08-Jul-07 19:12:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ChristmasPud Sun 08-Jul-07 19:13:33

Someone said I look like Dogbert. I was flattered...

Califrau Sun 08-Jul-07 19:31:18

Califrau Sun 08-Jul-07 19:33:41

aloha Sun 08-Jul-07 19:36:21

I wouldn't. If you can't say something nice - ie REALLY nice (you look like Sophia Loren/a young Liz Hurley/Goldie Hawn in her Heyday etc - don't say anything.

Gingerbear Sun 08-Jul-07 19:36:32

Well, as I look like this, it doesn't bother me.
<<thought you were a redhead too califrau?? >>

Califrau Sun 08-Jul-07 19:41:40

NotQuiteCockney Sun 08-Jul-07 19:43:23

That's a reasonably attractive cartoon character, so I think it's fine. I bet other people have told her, anyway. (How is ratatouille? I liked that other new Pixar film ok, Meet the Robinsons was it?)

Gingerbear Sun 08-Jul-07 19:43:52

Spanx my dear - that is what I use under the red sequinned number.

Gingerbear Sun 08-Jul-07 19:44:40

Those heels must be killers.

aloha Sun 08-Jul-07 19:45:16

I just wouldn't. She may think, 'oh cool, that's really great' or she may think 'sob, I didn't think anyone had noticed my giant hooter'. You don't know which so why risk it. Look, if someone said I looked like Julie Christie circa 1967, I'd be thrilled (well, if I was remotely blonde and Christie-esque I would) but other than that, I'd keep schtumm.

Califrau Sun 08-Jul-07 19:51:26

aloha Sun 08-Jul-07 19:53:26

Why do you want to tell her though? I just wouldn't. If she ever says, Blimey, that character is so gorgeous, then say, 'but she looks exactly like you'. If not say nowt. I personally would not be flattered to be told I looked like that charcter as she is not very attractive IMO.

EricGallagher Sun 08-Jul-07 19:58:10

My friend looks like the girl from this cartoon

in the pink dress

Bouquetsofdynomite Sun 08-Jul-07 20:42:53

This is exactly how me and DH looked when we first met. We were stunned when we found it! DH hasn't bloody aged of course in 9yrs, still looks like that.

RosemaryWoodhouse Sun 08-Jul-07 21:22:23

I would love to have legs like She-Ra (He-Man's girlfriend):

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c77/Skittleheart/she-ra_intera.jpg

TwoIfBySea Sun 08-Jul-07 21:34:24

Bouquetsofdynamite, is that cover by Jaime Hernandez? An ex-boyfriend used to say I reminded him of Maggie from the Love & Rockets comics.

During high school my nickname was Betty Rubble, I don't know if that is a good thing or bad so if I should be flattered or insulted.

Babyramone Sun 08-Jul-07 21:35:50

Years ago I had a male friend who looked like wallace from wallace and grommit. When a close shave came out we watched it with his then girl friend and couldn't believe it when wendoline turned out to be spit of the girlfriend same accent and everything.
She said it was odd watching them selves on telly.

tiredemma Sun 08-Jul-07 21:38:14

Ive been likened to Jimmy Krankie. On more than one occasion.
once was over a microphone and the whole bar turned to look ( and laugh) at me. This was afew yrs ago though when I cropped my hair. ( to look like lead singer of the cranberries...)

Babyramone Sun 08-Jul-07 21:39:59

http://www.tamperefilmfestival.fi/2000/suurreso/TFF_009.jpg
My pal and girl friend.
They were a lovely couple.

fishiejane Sun 08-Jul-07 21:40:13

twoif, i was say how flattering it would be to be mistaken for an early l&r maggie, but thought nobody would know what i was on about!

califrau, i wouldn't say anything, every other person who has seen film probably will. you can tell her she looks better

NotQuiteCockney Sun 08-Jul-07 21:45:27

Eh, and ex of mine used to say I looked like a particular L+R character - is there one with a notable arse?

TwoIfBySea Sun 08-Jul-07 21:58:34

NQC that would, indeed, be Maggie!

FrannyandZooey Sun 08-Jul-07 22:07:19

Oh, I like Hopey thr best

SurferRosa Mon 09-Jul-07 08:18:17

Someone told me once I looked like Terence Trent D'arby. I was a 15 year old girl at the time and not too happy.
Besides I looked nothing like him, it was only the plaits in front of my face

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: