Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know anything about cars? (mumsnetters DH's?)

(8 Posts)
hadabadday Tue 03-Jul-07 23:12:03

Can anyone tell me how much an engine mount and an immobiliser aerial would be to buy?

Thanks

kidsrus Tue 03-Jul-07 23:16:17

just asked dh he said petrol cheap /diesil dear top(£30-£40 maybe) or bottom? what car? and whats an immobiliser aerial

hadabadday Tue 03-Jul-07 23:27:06

its a volvo, quite a posh one but not 100% on the name of it, the immobilser thing is to make it start up better or something.

Basically DP has bought this stuff and won't tell me how much he's paid for it but its come out of our joint account and I need to know , he just keeps saying "Not much"

ThePedantifier Tue 03-Jul-07 23:28:07

oooh you will get told off by some Mumsnetter engineer for being sexist!

(sorry, can't help, can't even drive!)

kidsrus Tue 03-Jul-07 23:40:39

why not look on ebay they sell most things new and old. he might have got them on there to. dh in bed now so can't quiz anymore for you.

kidsrus Tue 03-Jul-07 23:43:19

just clicked you meant an immobiliser to prevent anyone stealing your car not to make it go better (it stops it starting).and nothing to do with the ariel.

hunkersnafumunker Tue 03-Jul-07 23:45:34

An immobiliser aerial????

What is he on?

And what is an engine mount?

NormaStanleyFletcher Tue 03-Jul-07 23:48:37

an engine mount is a thing that hold the engine. They are not usually very very expensive as they are just a bit of metal and rubber (20-30 quid?)

The imobiliser arial thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now