Talk

Advanced search

<sob> As fast as I work, she undoes it all!!!

(8 Posts)
SnowballV Tue 03-Jul-07 16:21:40

Frantically trying to get the house straight for a landlord inspection on Thursday. Spent ages sorting all DD's clothes, hanging them up etc (rather than the normal method of folding it and stacking in my room) - and she keeps going up there and getting changed and dumping unwanted outfits on the floor.

I've got enough to do without redoing it all because she won't learn NO!

And now I've just told her to go and pick them up, and she has yelled, no, she's watching tv and to leave her alone or she'll hit me?!?!!? WTF???

So lost my temper and yelled lots, and by the sound of it she's now in her room taking everything off the hangers.

I feel like cr*p already and just want to sleep.

stealthsquiggle Tue 03-Jul-07 16:25:46

How old is your DD? DS is 4.5 and would get very short shrift for this (and yes, he has done similar things, he is no angel). Can you confiscate clothes/toys (depending what would motivate her) or does that just leave you with a storage problem?

Underachieveranddamnproudofit Tue 03-Jul-07 16:26:27

How old is she?

FWIW I would not panic about inspection - I look for damage to the house, not normal family untidiness.

jajas Tue 03-Jul-07 16:28:25

could you bung her in front of the telly whilst you sort everything out? Bit of bribery with some confectionary? I know you are not supposed to reward bad behaviour, but heyho desperate times call for desperate measures!

SnowballV Tue 03-Jul-07 16:30:16

She's 4 (tis Flamesparrow btw).

Nothing seems to stop her doing anything lately. If I could find something that worked I might at least be able to stop her climbing in DS's cot with him

No way to confiscate anything - sod all storage (hence the inspection nightmare every time.

I panic lots each inspection - I love this house and am terrified of losing it.

SnowballV Tue 03-Jul-07 16:31:46

I thought she was in front of the telly - she had gone for a wee, assumed she had come back (have been doing diningroom/mn breaks)... then she appeared to show me her outfit.

I'm just tired, stressed, got lots left to do, a bad cold and no time to just curl up and feel ill and sorry for myself

Underachieveranddamnproudofit Tue 03-Jul-07 16:34:02

I'd bribe her with something and stick everything in bin liners and tuck thm in cupboards. Then when inspection over, do a proper sort out bag by bag so it is kept manageable and your little madam cannot interfere

SnowballV Tue 03-Jul-07 16:40:25

Lots will be bin bagged and chucked in the car I think (sod all storage, hence the chaos in the first place )

Gonna go get DH from work and see if I can sleep for a bit before carrying on.

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now