Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

please help baby tom get treatment

(18 Posts)
nappyaddict Mon 02-Jul-07 23:41:57

i know a little baby who has a port wine stain and he cannot get treatment because it is seen as cosmetic. it can be removed by laser surgery and the sooner it is done the better the results can be.

it is unfair cos his mum knows someone who's son got it done but is in a pct.

please sign here

mummylin2495 Mon 02-Jul-07 23:49:12

have signed.hope we can make a difference

SNOWBall4girlz Mon 02-Jul-07 23:52:52

have signed
xx

nappyaddict Tue 03-Jul-07 00:58:53

thanks

mummylin2495 Tue 03-Jul-07 12:26:27

bump

pindy Tue 03-Jul-07 12:30:19

Have signed aswell X

JodieG1 Tue 03-Jul-07 12:31:57

signed

feetheart Tue 03-Jul-07 12:35:31

Signed

wrinklygran Tue 03-Jul-07 13:15:52

signed

nappyaddict Tue 03-Jul-07 13:16:15

thanks again

Whoooosh Tue 03-Jul-07 13:17:39

Done

BabiesEverywhere Tue 03-Jul-07 13:34:56

Nappyaddict,

Has your friend contacted the PCT's 'Safe Haven' department already ? and if she did and was refused was it in the run up to the year end i.e. April

If she hasn't she needs to get her doctor to write a letter of referral to the local PCT's Safe Haven department, which explains the issues of self esteem and any skin related physical issues and the affect on the child in question by not having this treatment and request additional funding under 'Safe Haven'.

If she had applied for 'Safe Haven' and was turned down before April, the PCT could have run out of funds so it is worth appealing the original decision.

If the appeal is still refused, she can put in an offical letter of complaint and that will make them look at the issue for a potential third time.

Like anything else in the NHS the squeaky wheel gets the grease...keep bugging them to get results.

Hope that helps.

I can't tell you which one, but I heard of a PCT who funded a spa holiday for a middle aged lady who had a mild case of eczema...FFS What a waste of money

BabiesEverywhere Tue 03-Jul-07 13:34:58

Nappyaddict,

Has your friend contacted the PCT's 'Safe Haven' department already ? and if she did and was refused was it in the run up to the year end i.e. April

If she hasn't she needs to get her doctor to write a letter of referral to the local PCT's Safe Haven department, which explains the issues of self esteem and any skin related physical issues and the affect on the child in question by not having this treatment and request additional funding under 'Safe Haven'.

If she had applied for 'Safe Haven' and was turned down before April, the PCT could have run out of funds so it is worth appealing the original decision.

If the appeal is still refused, she can put in an offical letter of complaint and that will make them look at the issue for a potential third time.

Like anything else in the NHS the squeaky wheel gets the grease...keep bugging them to get results.

Hope that helps.

I can't tell you which one, but I heard of a PCT who funded a spa holiday for a middle aged lady who had a mild case of eczema...FFS What a waste of money

BabiesEverywhere Tue 03-Jul-07 13:35:02

Nappyaddict,

Hope that helps.

tinkerbellie Tue 03-Jul-07 13:35:06

signed

BabiesEverywhere Tue 03-Jul-07 13:53:08

Sorry, that message appeared 3 times, no idea why

nappyaddict Wed 04-Jul-07 12:22:35

not sure i will ask her. thanks for that

nappyaddict Fri 06-Jul-07 22:40:22

she says she has not been told about safe heaven. do all pct's have them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now