Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

toys for a 2 year old

(7 Posts)
melarnz Sun 01-Jul-07 07:39:55

my little girl is 2 in august and all she wants to do is watch tv. i wanted some ideas about toys that i ciuld stock up on that would encourage her away from the tele and into the play area in he room. any ideas????

Furball Sun 01-Jul-07 07:42:02

toy kitchen
tea set
buggy

katelyle Sun 01-Jul-07 08:20:41

Have you thought of moving the TV? Maybe into your bedroom, or a spare room if you have one? If she can see it, she'll want to watch it! If it's not there that's a battle you won't have to fight!
A train track and a train big enough for the smallest of her teddes to ride in. Ours came from the ELC and it was brilliant. We'd probably still be playing with it if it's original owners hadn't selfishly had another baby and wanted it back!

TrinityRhino Sun 01-Jul-07 08:27:23

tea set - HUGE hit with dd2 (2.3 years)

buggy - bben loved from 18months and stilll loved now

she would LOVE a toy kitchen

also loves cars, crayons, building blocks, snap cards and her dolls house

Bellie Sun 01-Jul-07 08:29:12

biggest hits or dd (2.8) - tea set, toy kitchen, till and toy food.
Also at the moment loving playing with cars so thinking of getting her a garage

melarnz Sun 01-Jul-07 08:39:17

all brilliant- thanks - and i dont need much excuse to go shopping!! and as it is for dd. i can do it guilt free!!!

teafortwoandtwofortea Sun 01-Jul-07 08:43:59

melarnz - the best advice I've gone by was quality not quantity. I think the theory goes that a few really nice toys are better than lots of cheaper ones. I think children this age can end up with overload if there are too many options and end up playing with nothing.

How about finding a TV show she likes and then getting the toys to go with it - I honesty never thought I'd be one to suggest this but DS1 adores thomas and his train set. One 5 minute episode a day can set him up for hours and hours of playing with his train track and now he's older he's making up his own stories. I think to brio tracks are a great educational but fun toy anyway and his girl friends love it too when they come over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now