Talk

Advanced search

I'm meant to be going to Sheffield - how bad is the flooding?

(7 Posts)

I have a hospital appt at hospital on Glossop Rd on Monday. I'm coming from the east (a57) and was planning to drive up m1 to Meadowhall and then get the tram in to the city.

But I've heard that the M1 is shut, Meadowhall is under water, more rain is forcast. Is it that bad, I'm wondering whetehr to ring the hospital up and rearrange the appt?

thanks.

Hulababy Thu 28-Jun-07 18:22:41

M1 and A57 now open. Meadowhall is closed however. You would be better coming off the motorway at J33, and using the park and ride on the A57, closer to town. Allow a bit of extra time, esp if travelling at rush hour, as traffic is a bit heavier - might be better now M1 is open again though.

Which hospital is it? Tram doesn't go to the hospitals.

More rain is forecast for the weekend, but they don't think it will be as bad as this week was.

laneydaye Thu 28-Jun-07 18:27:19

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/trafficlatestfeature.shtml

sorry cant do links (i forgot how)

this gives you all the latest traffic news in sheffield and south yorkshire..

Its Hallamshire hospital. Was planning to get the tram to University then walk. Been told its a 10min walk.

Is the park and ride on the a57 easy to find? Thanks, by the way. Will be coming by myself and now slightly stressed!

I know where the park and ride is, just meant is it well signposted?

Hulababy Thu 28-Jun-07 18:55:24

Yes, park and ride easy to find. It is signposted. Once you get to the 40mph part of the A57, it is signposted - get into the right hand lane, and at the traffic lights, turn right and follow signs.

Yes, not too far from Univeristy stop. Just walk up the hill.

Thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now