Talk

Advanced search

Help needed, re washing/stains.....

(6 Posts)
Shirazzy Thu 28-Jun-07 10:28:29

Help needed......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On saturday i am attending my auntie's wedding (mums younger sister, a year younger than me) and i was planning on buying a new outfit! However i have found a gorgeous white linen jacket in my cupboards that i've only worn once and a lovely black and crystal satin boob tube (that looks v expensive) and thought i could save money (erm have my hair done and buy new shoes, and a pair of trousers) if i can only get a little yellowish stain out of the back of the jacket!

Any ideas?????? I've never used vanish before - so wondered if (and what type of it) is any good?

It's not a posh wedding, just a registry office do, followed by a meal in a pubby type place (which we have to pay for ourselves...)

So i don't want to spending alot of money when i can put something really nice together.

Especailly as i'll ahve to rush out tomorrow to find something as i am at work this afternoon and we have to set of on a three hour drive tomorrow at 7am in the morning.....

Thanks ladies in advance

pinkteddy Thu 28-Jun-07 11:07:20

try the vanish oxi spray - brilliant stuff (presuming that the jacket is machine washable?). Or could try fairy liquid with cold water - hot water can set stains. Got that tip from the Guardian and it has been very useful for all types of stains!

Shirazzy Thu 28-Jun-07 11:17:20

Thanks Pink Teddy! .....

pinkteddy Thu 28-Jun-07 11:21:36

you're welcome - hope it works! (could even try both). Enjoy the wedding.

NannyL Thu 28-Jun-07 11:45:16

also dry it outside in the sunshine..... hmmm not sure you will have any sunshine in the next few days but the UV helps bleach out lots of stains

Shirazzy Thu 28-Jun-07 12:45:55

Well at the moment i am trying the cld water and liquid..along with the sunshine...which atlast we do have....

Thanks Ladies....x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now