Talk

Advanced search

Why do I always feel so guitly over silly little things ???

(10 Posts)
NuttyMuffins Wed 27-Jun-07 09:59:32

Ds has a nursery trip today. The letter said to take a raincoat, teddybear and packed lunch.

Had all of those things, but when we got there everyone was also wearing their wellies and ds wasn't. He looked a bit dissapointed, as he has Spiderman ones. I just simply hadn't thought about putting his wellies on as I assumed that if the weather was really bad they'd spend most of their time indoors.

Why then do I feel so guilty for getting it wrong ? It's not like I sent him bare foot, he has sturdy walking type boots on.

Someone slap me.

colditz Wed 27-Jun-07 10:00:14

<<thwack>>

NuttyMuffins Wed 27-Jun-07 10:01:22

Ouch...........thanks LOL

He will be more comfy in his boots anyway won't he ???

UnConfident Wed 27-Jun-07 10:01:27

DD had a note home last week, they were for the zoo, they needed raincoat & a hat.

I sent a wooly hat.

Imagine my affront when her friends got off the bus wearing little peaked sun hats & there was poor dd with her hair sweating to her head!

Lizzylou Wed 27-Jun-07 10:03:29

I always do this!

Stop worrying, he will be fine and have a wonderful time.

NuttyMuffins Wed 27-Jun-07 10:04:56

Thats what I would do Unconfident.

I'm sure he won't give a monkeys what he has on his feet once he is there.

ahundredtimes Wed 27-Jun-07 10:13:43

I still wake up and howl at night about the time I sent ds1 into school for this activity morning in his school uniform and everyone else was in mufti. Just thinking about it now is making me break out into a cold sweat.
I keep trying to make him talk to me about it, to sort of ease the guilt, but he just says 'forget it, it was ages ago, it didn't really matter.'

<sobs>

mozhe Wed 27-Jun-07 10:26:08

No slapping....but it is good for children to be disappointed sometimes they learn to cope with less than a 100% perfection....mummy forgot about wellie but never mind hey...that sort of approach....my DS recently went on just such a wellie-less school outing, got soaking feet....and then improvised by putting his plastic sandwich bags on his feet I waswell impressed....an so were all his little mates and the teachers....

KbearBrockovich Tue 03-Jul-07 22:22:23

I sent DS into school in normal clothes when everyone else was in uniform (DD's school next door had non-uniform day and I just assumed....) anyway, I was horrified and the laughing stock of the playground and DS couldn't have cared less and thought it was funny (he's 5). I still feel ridiculously over-wrought about it!!

Skribble Tue 03-Jul-07 22:29:08

Glad I am not the only one, I don't think my kids would be surprised if I sent them to school and it was shut. I suppose it is ood for them to realise we are not perfect and its ok not to get everything right and life goes on and so do school trips.

Mind you mine gave me a hard time because I sent her one year on the school trip with a gym type bag with the cord straps instead of the carrier bag she was adament she was to take, turns out a few had similar and managed a lot better than the poor sods who had to carry a poly bag in their hand all day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now