Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone know....?

(10 Posts)
jofeb04 Tue 26-Jun-07 14:50:28

If I can take me two children swimming at the same time?
Dc are 3 and 1, and we always go to a "baby" pool. My ds loves playing in it (loves floating in the pool with armbands etc on).
I know when dd was under one, they stated two adults were needed. Does it alter when both dc are over one?

Ds wants to go swimming, and I don't know if both dc would be ok with me.

Thanks

jofeb04 Tue 26-Jun-07 14:50:47

opps, my not me

lizziemun Tue 26-Jun-07 16:12:13

I think it depends on the rules at your swimming pool, ours have one adult per child upto the age of 8.

lulumama Tue 26-Jun-07 16:12:52

our pool specifies one adult per each child under 8 too..so probably a good idea to check before you go

purpleturtle Tue 26-Jun-07 16:14:11

Some of our local pools have sessions with extra lifeguards so that you can swim with two children.

throckenholt Tue 26-Jun-07 16:19:30

all our local pools say you can have 2 children per adult under the age of 8. Although I would not have been happy to take 2 on my own at that age (I know people who did though). Mine (twins) are 4 and are ok without constant one-to-one attention now - but probably have only been like that for the last 6 months or so.

UCM Tue 26-Jun-07 16:23:21

I recently started a thread about this. I phoned our pool to check and it's 1 adult per child under 5, so no swimming for us for another 2 years then. It made me very angry as once again, my choice is taken away. I live near the sea and can take as many children to the beach which is more dangerous IMO (I wouldn't) but I think this rule is one step too far.

NannyL Tue 26-Jun-07 16:58:11

most of the pools in my area allow 2 children under 8 to one adult...

1 pool allows 3 children per adult

check with the pool

NannyL Tue 26-Jun-07 16:59:07

(I regularly take 2 children (aged 1 and 4) swimming)

jofeb04 Tue 26-Jun-07 17:43:11

Thanks for the advice. I rang pool, and it is 1 adult per child (5 and under).

No swimming for a few yearson my own then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now