Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How much do bathroom fitters cost?

(7 Posts)
NannyL Fri 22-Jun-07 08:37:50

Was wondering does anyone know any bathroom fiters ANYWHERE?...

escpecially in the southeast

How much do they charge for labour per day / hour (or however it is charged!).... also if done cash in hand how much?

All answers greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 22-Jun-07 21:51:28

Do you mean the plumbing or the cabinet work? If you need a plumber - expect to pay around £800 for a full new bathroom, not including tiling. For cabinetry, probably about £250 a day. Normally they charge VAT.

Where in the southeast?

NannyL Sat 23-Jun-07 12:55:01

thanks!

Portsmouth way!

whomovedmychocolate Sat 23-Jun-07 20:24:44

Ooh nowhere near me I'm afraid but bumping for you.

BTW I found my plumber by going to Topps Tiles, they keep business cards of them. Also builders yards where you get plumbing supplies will be able to recommend someone.

MuffinMclay Sun 24-Jun-07 10:38:10

I'm in the SE, but nowhere near Portsmouth. I've just had quotes done for 2 bathrooms. They were £2300 for a normal sized bathroom, and £3600 for the large bathroom. That includes tiling (but not the cost of the tiles), but excludes all baths, showers, loos, cupboards etc, electrics, flooring.

justbeme Sun 24-Jun-07 10:47:18

Were having 2 bathrooms done - havent employed a firm that "does it all" - they tend to cost more - our plumber is charging about £750 for labour for each one.
Tiler charged £250 for walls and floor £100.
Im in Herts.

NannyL Sun 24-Jun-07 10:51:41

thank you all very much!

very helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now