Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have the Famous Five story CDs that were free in the Telegraph?

(22 Posts)
SoupDragon Sun 13-May-07 13:01:56

Not sure when they were given away but mu mum saved a couple for me and one kept DSs quiet in the car for the whole 1.5hr journey home.

I was wondering if anyone had them and didn't want them or would be prepared to copy them for me if I sent some CDRs

I plan on ordering the Roald Dahl ones from the Book People when I get my replacement credit card.

SoupDragon Sun 13-May-07 14:27:21

Bump!

SoupDragon Sun 13-May-07 17:22:19

Lashings of ginger beer?

SoupDragon Mon 14-May-07 11:26:10

Ham and turkey sandwiches?

ChippyMinton Mon 14-May-07 11:28:03

It was last summer soupdragon - i was looking for some on ebay the other day, as we have a couple and the DC are getting into them, but they seem to go for quite a lot.

SoupDragon Mon 14-May-07 11:50:27

I coudn't believe how much DSs enjoyed it. Sadly we only have the first 2 (incompetant parents!).

scatterbrain Mon 14-May-07 11:52:25

We have the Roald Dahl ones - fantastic !!!

Sorry - haven;t got the Enid Blytons - interesting that PILS didn't give themn to us as they have the Telegraph every day !

ambercat Mon 14-May-07 11:54:54

our library had some famous five cds, maybe try yours?

SoupDragon Mon 14-May-07 11:58:10

Never thought of the library [doh]

I think you had to go to WHS amd collect them each day, Scatterbrain. Clearly the two I have were the 2 that got given in the paper, no effort required!

scatterbrain Mon 14-May-07 11:59:49

Ah - that might explain it - or the fact that they never even THINK of my dd ?

SoupDragon Mon 14-May-07 12:00:59

It could be that. I think it's rather telling that I only have the first 2 CDs of all the freebie ones I did force them to go and collect the Horrible History books though

clumsymum Mon 14-May-07 12:12:55

Soupy,

My mum got the first 2, but couldn't be *rsed to send off the vouchers for the rest. I later bought the full set on ebay (there are some on there today), and they are brilliant. keep ds happy for hours on long car journeys.

I ticked off my mother, who later collected the secret 7 set, and the roald dahl (although they are nowhere near as successful, much more scary stories), then the horrible histories. She even sent for both sets of horrible histories books, I think she learnt her lesson!!!

I do have the full set tho'

Contact me on eas underscore 1511 at hotmail dot com for more.

sandyballs Mon 14-May-07 12:16:13

Amazon have lots of enid blyton cds.

isaidno Mon 14-May-07 12:20:38

I've got all 7 of the famous five story cds from the Telegraph.

I can get DH to copy them if you like?

NAB3 Mon 14-May-07 17:20:17

soupdragon From this week the Telegraph is giving away the Horrid Henry stories.

NAB3 Mon 14-May-07 17:22:41

horrid history books

Not even close. Oops.

SoupDragon Mon 14-May-07 19:42:32

They did the Secret Seven as well??? Oh my parents are woeful <<shakes head in disgust>> I shall have to have words with them.

Would you really be happy to copy them for me? I'm watching a couple of Secret 7s on Ebay but they didn't seem to have any sets of Famous 5

isaidno Mon 14-May-07 21:52:50

Soupdragon - you can e mail me shazronnie at yahoo dot co dot uk and I will get famous 5 copied.

morningpaper Mon 14-May-07 21:55:38

I have got both sets too

My dd LOVES them

She is OBSESSED

She doesn't MOVE for 1.5 hours when I put them on - it is GREAT! She begs me to put them on

Of course they are violent and terrifying

But she DOESN'T MOVE! Hurrah!

SoupDragon Tue 15-May-07 12:31:26

Thanks isaidno!

MP, the ony problem we had for the journey was continuously stuffing BabyDragon with mini cheddars to stop her crying and drowning out the CD. I dread to think what her salt intake was for the journey...

SoupDragon Tue 15-May-07 12:33:32

And my new credit card has arrived so I can order Roald Dahl from the Book people too. Hurrah!

SoupDragon Wed 20-Jun-07 13:13:44

isaidno, thanks for the discs!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now