Talk

Advanced search

Friend of a friend being horrible

(6 Posts)
Lj20051416 Tue 06-Mar-18 17:12:50

So I been friends with a lady for 2 years we was really close until recently . Last few months another girl joined the mums group we go to and is always around my friend now and making snide comments at me. Or making remarks towards me. I used to go down my friends twice a week for a good catch up and for our kids to spend time with eachother. She no longer asks me to go down now as the other girl is there all day, everyday from 9am til 9pm sometimes later with her kids running riots and her sitting on her arse doing nothing. Yes I sound jealous but it's not that I feel a bit pushed out and feel this girl has something against me. I was being nice today messaged the girl and asked if she was ok because she didn't show up.to mums group and she messaged me back saying she went to (said place) with our friend. When i said oh i though her partner was going with her. She replied why you asking questions for he clearly didn't go. My friend has asked me to have her child tomorrow for a bit she rung me today after not hearing off her for a week even though I've messaged her. I rung her and she said she couldn't talk because the girls child was watching you tube on her phone and is kicking off. I feel as though this girl is coming between me and my friend. Any ideas on what I should do. I can't say nothing to my friend how I feel as she can't see no bad in this girl.

RiotAndAlarum Thu 15-Mar-18 09:03:13

The new "friend" sounds as though she's using your friend pretty intensively. All day, every day? A child monopolising her phone and threatening tantrums? Your friend will want to get away from this leech soon enough!

Don't talk to the interloper, as she's unpleasant to you, and you don't need to put up with that. Don't chase your old friend, but be pleasant when you see her. If she doesn't appreciate you in contrast to her "exciting," selfish and dramatic new friend, she's a fool!

boxyfingo Thu 15-Mar-18 09:10:15

I wouldn't look after your friend's child while she is behaving like this.

Thinkingofausername1 Sat 17-Mar-18 17:43:45

She sounds like a user. Your friend will be really drained by it soon!

Clutterbugsmum Sat 17-Mar-18 18:21:14

I'd text your friend her and tell her you are no longer able to have her child tomorrow. Don't give a reason and don't answer any other calls/text from her until she apologises for her behaviour.

Friends do not treat each other like this.

ElderflowerWaterIsDelish Mon 19-Mar-18 03:01:30

When you are in a group setting e.g you, your friend and your friends friend, act warm sweet to both of them, (even if you don't feel like it)...don't let any annoyance or jealousy show, the friends friend is probably my thriving off any reaction she can get from you...

The reason I said to act sweet and warm to her in group settings is because tour friend will see you being your usual.nice self that she has always liked, and in contrast she will see the nasty snide comments from her "friend" towards you...it might open her eyes to what her friend is really like

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: