Talk

Advanced search

bedtime nappies

(4 Posts)
pop Tue 09-Jul-02 08:59:39

Help! I have a nearly 3 year old boy who is potty trained but not at night. He is a normal size fo his age but the problem is that I cannot find a nappy or pullups etc that keeps him dry in the night. I have tried everything including drynite pants, pullups and the biggest nappy I can find. It is not that he is too big but they just seem to be letting everything out. Any suggestions?

PamT Tue 09-Jul-02 11:23:14

Have you tried putting some underpants over the top of the nappy to hold it a bit closer to the skin? We sometimes have leaks in a dry nappy just because there isn't enough skin contact.

mears Tue 09-Jul-02 11:38:35

I used Terry nappies for my children and you can get night time ones that are thick and absorbent but I would imagine you wouldn't be keen to start that at the age of 3. ( I used them at that age but had done so from birth)

Can you gently change his nappy without wakening him before you go to bed? A quick swap without washing would do.

mollipops Wed 10-Jul-02 06:54:02

Do you make sure his penis is pointing down? It might sound a bit obvious but sometimes when you use pullups etc, putting them on ends up leaving the penis pointing up or to one side so the wee ends up going in a different direction where it is less absorbent... Just an idea

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: