Talk

Advanced search

URGENT Child Passport Advice.

(15 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Gia89 Fri 09-Feb-18 19:29:11

I have recently applied for 2 child passport under SGO (Social guardianship). However I was sent a message saying they couldn't accept my form. I was gutted that's £92 down the drain. I am beyond stressed out about this along with wedding planning. They gave me a form to redo it all over again.

I have completed every inch of the form that is applicable.However I did not fill in part 4 because the mother is deceased and that's been stated on the cover letter. I know that I can legally apply for a passport in regards to the children as I have an SGO and I've already applied for another child under SGO which was successful. However, I sent a copy, I think this was my big downfall, luckily I have a copy saved on my computer that I've scanned years back but the original SGO order is lost, and I have turned the house upside down looking for it, to no avail?

My questions are:
- Do I need to fill in part 4..shall I do it just incase and send mothers passport although she is deceased?

- Do I contact Social services for another copy.But shouldn't it be from the court as it's the one who granted it?

- Does that mean I have to pay fee again. I assume so.

- How would I go on in contacting the relevant court in regards to obtaining another copy?

Everything was filled out correctly but my downfall was I assume sections 4 and the photocopied SGO. Why was section 10 mentioned, or is that just a courtesy reminder, my friend who is a qualified nurse countersigned for me. I find Social services to be inadequate and I know for sure I'll be given contacts that leads to nowhere.

I just hope that my daughters passport has at least been approved as I have sent them all in one envelope.

I have attached the letter from HM passport offices.

Thank you all so much in advance.

KenDoddsDadsDogIsDead Fri 09-Feb-18 19:35:50

Find a Post Office near you who provides the Check and Send service. There is a small fee but they check the whole application for you and it guarantees not losing another passport fee.
Also I think the passport office has a helpline online.

KenDoddsDadsDogIsDead Fri 09-Feb-18 19:38:32

https://www.gov.uk/passport-advice-line

greendale17 Fri 09-Feb-18 19:39:47

I would definitely recommend using the post office check and send service. They saved me from getting my application declined

LouMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 09-Feb-18 22:24:31

OP, sorry to barge onto your thread but it was reported to us as it looks like the photo of the letter you had posted in your OP had some identifying information on it. We've removed it now. Hope this helps and best of luck with getting the passports sorted.

smile

cestlavielife Fri 09-Feb-18 22:27:26

Did they say you have to pay again ?. The fee already paid should cover it since they sent a new form .

Farahilda Fri 09-Feb-18 22:37:37

I think if you can fill in the parents details, it should be OK (and they may just process this application if resubmitted - can you ring and ask?)

You need to mention (on that hit of the form if there is still a box for it) of in the 'any other comments' bit that the mother is deceased.

You need the details of the parent from whom they gain their entitlement to British nationality. Which means birth or adoptive parent - I don't think SGO counts in the determining of nationality (it does count in showing you are an appropriate person to be making an application for this child)

Gia89 Fri 09-Feb-18 23:32:33

Phew!Thank you so much for that, I didn't even see the capital letters of my name. I've blocked it out now. I shall re-post the photo again so that other mumsnetters can see the letter and on how best to advice me.

Gia89 Fri 09-Feb-18 23:35:18

Had Photo removed, thanks MNHQ.Here's the edited photo mumsnetters.

And thank you all, again.

Shall reply tommorow

wheresmyphone Sat 10-Feb-18 08:11:54

Phone them. They have a useful helpline.

Frazzled2207 Sat 10-Feb-18 08:23:43

Sorry don't know but I don't think it is suggesting you pay again? You don't get charged until the passport is actually issued.
And yes try the helpline. I would have thought the deceased mother's passport would help, they want to know the mother's nationality it's irrelevant that she's passed away.

cestlavielife Sat 10-Feb-18 14:50:21

Presumably you can get a certified copy from the court?
It doesn't say anything about patting another fee. Your payment is for the application however long it takes

Gia89 Sat 10-Feb-18 22:56:03

@KenDoddsDadsDogIsDead In regards to Post office Check and send service, it did cross my mind. I was going to do that but I was so confident that I did everything I ought to as I copied a copy of an application form from another child I did under SGO who was approved on an application I made years ago.And child used it for a family vacation. I should've used the post office service as it cost me just the same to have a tracked/recorded delivery and another to be sent back to me.

@cestlavielife I thought that the application is declined as the form I sent was inadequate. But I assume its just delayed as I haven't sent original documents. Praying that there won't be another fee.This is my luxury for the month getting the kids passport. Regarding getting a copy and reading your comment had a look at the SGO court order and at the very bottom is a teenie weenie writing of the address to contact.

@Farahilda Yup, I sure will do another cover letter regarding the mother being deceased and also filling in section 4 just encase. .Accompanying it with the mothers passport as a proof of document. I have emailed them as I like my things in writing, just encase of anything. The person said they will look into it, fingers cross it wont be a lengthy process.

@Frazzled2207 Yes, I agree, but I didn't really think that because as an SGO holder I am entitled to make an application in behalf of the child, in the event that if the mother was alive and she contested to this, I guess this would create an issue. But I will definitely fill in section 4 for followed by another cover letter accompanied by the mothers passport as a supporting document, I don't want to leave any areas of the form that they may question or delay the process even further. Also I hope there won't be another fee as if it is declined I know that there is no refund. I really want to assume that its just delayed processing because SGO was a photocopy and no other reasons to decline/delay it. But I'm still awaiting more from HM passport office, probably and hopefully hear from them on Monday.

----------------------------------------------------------
I just wish (what's done is done) I used check and send and not be a klutz sending them a photocopy now I've added more stress to myself..gahhhhhh! I'm trying my best not to rant, ha! Should't have mentioned to the kids I'm applying for there very first passport but they were so fascinated by the rest of the family who have passports and it's about time I got them there's

cestlavielife Sat 10-Feb-18 23:27:22

I had to resend a form as they didn't accept the countersignatory. No extra fee for sending a new form with different counter signatory.

Gia89 Sun 11-Feb-18 19:32:58

I got a reply today and yes regardless whether parents are deceased or absent I still had to fill in sections 4. And I'm in the process of sorting another copy of an SGO although the family court in Holborn where it was issued has really unsavoury reviews I'm dreading its going to take months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now