Talk

Advanced search

Please help me with my deep fat fryer!!!

(4 Posts)
LetMeBakeCake Sat 13-Jan-18 17:16:36

I’m really hoping someone else owns and has tamed their deep fat fryer and can help me!
I batch cook for my children and use the Annabel Karmel books and there are a lot of finger foods in there that look great, but I never make because they have to be fried and I can’t be doing with filling pans with oil and the smell etc in our open plan House.
Anyway with my youngest point blank refusing to be spoon fed I kept longingly looking at recipes that result in food in ‘ball’ form and so bought a fryer.
Anyway here’s the problem - it seems to burn stuff on the outside pretty instantly and not cook in the middle - what am I doing wrong??
Thank you for your help!

iklboo Sat 13-Jan-18 17:21:56

What have you set the temperature at? Most foods do better starting off on a lower temp then turn the heat up later.

eyeswideshit Sat 13-Jan-18 17:22:36

You need to turn the temperature down so it cooks more slowly and evenly

LetMeBakeCake Sat 13-Jan-18 17:50:51

Yes it has several temperatures with pretty unhelpful guidlines as to what cooks at which temp!
I did it on the second lowest which is 160 degrees - I’ll try 150 next time. Perhaps I’ll try taking out the fridge a half hour before as well so it’s not really cold
I’ve just found it really difficult to find any sort of guidelines on how long things take and at what temp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now