Talk

Advanced search

Surrey Wedding reception venue ideas

(27 Posts)
bellerina17 Fri 08-Dec-17 01:16:33

I'm in the process of looking for wedding venues around the Surrey areas, preferably Guildford/dorking/Epsom/Kingston areas....I'm willing to spend a fair amount but not too much, anybody had weddings around this area? Where did you have them? Thanks smile

moregingerbreadplease Fri 08-Dec-17 12:09:17

The elvetham at Hartley Witney is beautiful as is pennyhill park in bagshot, Surrey

ArcheryAnnie Fri 08-Dec-17 13:22:51

Kew Gardens!

MummaTwinkleToes Fri 08-Dec-17 13:32:55

Hi OP we looked at Nonsuch Mansion in Cheam. Not far from Epsom. As ArcheryAnnie suggested I once saw Kew Gardens set up for a wedding, it looked beautiful and really magical but it was to far away for us.

Chocolatear Fri 08-Dec-17 13:34:06

I've seen people going to a wedding at Polsden Lacey.
It looked stunning, beautiful setting.

bellerina17 Fri 08-Dec-17 14:32:52

@moregingerbreadplease @ArcheryAnnie @MummaTwinkleToes @Chocolatear thanks for all the suggestions I will have a look, love the sound of Kew Gardens....just wondering how far you'd all consider acceptable to travel between church and venue?

Chocolatear Fri 08-Dec-17 14:36:02

Where's the church?

Lindy2 Fri 08-Dec-17 14:41:19

Glenmore House in Surbiton is a bit of a hidden gem. Good value and lovely inside.

pericat Fri 08-Dec-17 14:45:45

If you like the possibility of Kew Gardens, you make like Painshill Park in Cobham.

Twoevils Fri 08-Dec-17 14:46:28

We've been to weddings at Losely Park, Thatchers Hotel and Great Fosters. All were lovely venues.

MummaTwinkleToes Fri 08-Dec-17 14:51:51

We wanted both venues to be within max 30mins. Have been to a few weddings with a lot of traveling in between and it’s a pain, one being my brother’s which was over 1hour in mid August. Maybe consider hiring a routemaster bus or mini coach if it’s a fair distance as then you can start the party on the journey... but don’t leave the maid of honour behind like what happened at our wedding causing her to chase after the coach grinblush

MummaTwinkleToes Fri 08-Dec-17 14:52:59

I should have said for your guests!

bellerina17 Fri 08-Dec-17 15:02:34

@Chocolatear the church is in dorking, I just haven't seen much I like around that area so it's a bit of travel but I want to get married in that church as It has been my church since I was little

bellerina17 Fri 08-Dec-17 15:04:01

@MummaTwinkleToes that's a really good idea actually I love that! I feel the main problem with distances is everyone's petrol & all having to drive so that sounds a great idea

Chocolatear Fri 08-Dec-17 15:07:41

What about Denbies if the service is in Dorking?

LIZS Fri 08-Dec-17 15:10:13

How about the recently opened Beaverbook estate? Think Kew would be too far.

Chocolatear Fri 08-Dec-17 15:13:35

Definitely Beaverbrook is worth a look. I hear it's gorgeous.

Catanddogmake6 Fri 08-Dec-17 15:23:44

The Towers at East Horsley De Vere is beautiful (although no idea if food any good and the modern bit is uninspired). There is another De Vere over at Betchworh. Beaverbrook is worth looking. The tithe barn at the Mercure hotel opposite Denbies (name escapes me) is lovely although the hotel looks like nothing from the road. There is also a barn down Dorking/ Betchworth way that they hire out and you can have caterers (never been but website looks great and keeps you out of the hotels). I definitely think Kew is far to far.

Bourdic Fri 08-Dec-17 15:26:21

Manor House School - beautiful. Horsley Towers

Catanddogmake6 Fri 08-Dec-17 15:28:12

Is it worth looking towards Horsham way as well. Traffic towards London can be really unreliable, could be fine but you only need the A3, M25 to be stuffed and you will get nowhere. Personally Epsom/ Cobham way would be as far as I'd consider north and probably would realistically be your 30 minutes.

Catanddogmake6 Fri 08-Dec-17 15:32:39

Also if summer wedding don't forget checking cycle rides, particularly the Prudential London ride in August. You could find you can't even get there that weekend. Many of these venues become landlocked that weekend with road closures.

Catanddogmake6 Fri 08-Dec-17 15:39:37

Oh and somwhere else Ive not been but RAC club near Epsom (although think you need to know a member). There is also the racecourse at Epsom but equally not been there.

Chocolatear Fri 08-Dec-17 15:45:13

The RAC club is lovely, but you will definitely need to know a member.
The grandstand at Epsom has fantastic views but is soulless in my opinion!

pericat Fri 08-Dec-17 16:00:53

Another beautiful venue is Great Fosters in Egham. Wonderful location and great food (but pricey).

Bekabeech Fri 08-Dec-17 16:03:36

The Wotton Hotel is quite nice. Or the Tithe Barn at the Mecure Box Hill looks nice. Hartsfield Manor. Gildings Barns?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: