Talk

Advanced search

what to expect child arrangement order ??

(3 Posts)
charletteboymum Fri 10-Nov-17 12:54:05

Hi I am currently going through court proceedings for a child arrangements order
Ex has our son for 6 hours spread over two days a week which is supported by his mum .
They used to cancel one contact day every couple of weeks I would rearrange the days and hours so they still had the contact.
During October they only made 6 hours total and then ex mum told me that contact is not going to happen anymore as ex has gone somewhere to work it has now been 3 weeks since ex or his family has had any contact with our son and we are due back in court in 3 weeks
My question is is he allowed to do this ? And what can i expect to happen when we (if he goes) back to court ?

jaimelannistersgoldenhand Wed 22-Nov-17 07:06:00

A court can’t force your ex to see his child. He is allowed to move away. Do you know where he’s moving to? Child maintenance payments (even UK court ordered) are not enforceable in all countries.

charletteboymum Wed 22-Nov-17 10:03:14

Hi thanks for replying I've since been told he's moved to his sister's so about an hour away he has said he can't do contact as he can't afford travel so the social have offered him travel warrants for one day each week next month after court so I'll just have to wait and see what happens.
I had started arranging child maintanance but they can't find him and he hasnt given his up to date contact details to anyone it was his mum that gave social his phone number.
But as I say I'll wait see what happens I won't force contact or maintenance if its not wanted x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now