Talk

Advanced search

Driving/tests

(1 Post)
youvegottobekidding Wed 08-Nov-17 11:10:00

I've been learning to drive for on & off 2 years. It's was a huge step for me as I was terrified in the beginning & left it quite late in life to start (at 42!)

Anyway I've failed 4 tests. My first instructor I failed 2 tests with & just figured I couldn't really learn anything more from them & felt that they too were frustrated with me. I found another instructor who I get on with & had a different teaching approach. Again I've failed two tests with, again they are frustrated but only because they say I'm a good driver, one of their best & don't understand how I could be failing!

Anyway, I use to get a lot of practice in our own car with DH, up until a couple of months ago, until he started to really put me off, picking on everything. It got to the point where I couldn't drive with him. So it's been nearly 2 months since my last test & since I last drove. I've booked another test in about 4 weeks - it'll be the new test. I've booked another lesson too. But I'm really nervous about getting behind the wheel again.

My theory runs out in Jan, so if I fail again I'll have to re-take that! I just don't know if I can put myself through it all again! I guess it boils down to how much I want my licence. Yes I want it, I'm only doing it for my kids, but it's so expensive & I need a confidence boost! Do I keep at it or just accept defeat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now