Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this an acceptable gift? (sensitive)

(6 Posts)
Shufflebumnessie Mon 16-Oct-17 21:25:43

Apologies if this isn't the appropriate place to post this. Back story - a family member lost her twin boys a few months ago. They were born prematurely and sadly both passed away soon after birth. I've seen a small hand drawn picture created by a local artist that I thought might be nice to send her. Hopefully the link will show ok
www.facebook.com/mytinygallery/photos/a.10152880275634918.1073741839.306031259917/10156420237914918/?type=3&theater
I was thinking about ordering one and asking for the wording to be changed to 'Two stars shining bright'.
I appreciate that the design might not be to everyone's taste but it's more the sentiment. Is it an appropriate gift?
Thanks in advance.

orangeowls Mon 16-Oct-17 21:29:29

Sending something to remember them by is a lovely idea.

WinteryWalk Mon 16-Oct-17 21:34:13

Love her stuff, yes I think that would be perfect.

MarthaArthur Mon 16-Oct-17 21:36:26

Thats beautiful op. Very sensitive and lovely to acknowledge she did have the babies. Sometimes people shy away from bereaved parents and refuse to acknowledge they did have babies. Jope she loves it.

ArnoldJRimmer Mon 16-Oct-17 21:50:05

I lost one of my twins after a premature birth and it would have meant the absolute world to have received something like this, even now 3 years later. Not everyone has the words to say after a bereavement so a lovely gesture like that is incredible. I hope your friend and her family are as ok as they can be right now and I’m glad she has you flowers

Shufflebumnessie Mon 16-Oct-17 22:09:14

Thank you for the replies. I will order it tomorrow.
Arnold, I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine what you go through on a daily basis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now