Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

At the abortion clinic

(40 Posts)
dazedandconfuse Thu 12-Oct-17 11:50:27

I am currently at the abortion clinic, I booked the abortion about a month ago thinking I'd know what I wanted. I still don't know what I want. This is awful. Don't really know what I'm expecting putting it on here,
Guess I just needed somewhere to let it out. About to have a scan etc and then will be having a surgical abortion.

Just absolutely no idea if I can go through with this

Popeye44 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:52:00

flowers how many weeks are you? If you are unsure do not go through with it, are you there on your own?

lovelyjubilly Thu 12-Oct-17 11:52:15

Do you have to decide today?

tocas Thu 12-Oct-17 11:52:17

Couldn't read and run - please op ask to speak to a counsellor to discuss this before you go through with it. You don't have to do anything you do not want to. Take care flowers

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 12-Oct-17 11:52:45

Do you have to decide today?

ChickensGoBoak Thu 12-Oct-17 11:53:10

Remember that what ever you decide, even if it takes some time, everything will be okay.

If you have the time to defer the procedure it might be wise to do so, just until you can be more sure.

Do you have anyone in 'real life' who can support you right now?

MorrisZapp Thu 12-Oct-17 11:53:32

It's a binary choice, both outcomes have to be gone through. You either go through with the termination, or you go through with the pregnancy and all that entails.

Do you want to talk about the reasons you booked the termination?

Mama234 Thu 12-Oct-17 11:53:36

Dont go through with it of you arent sure, My cousin did that and was a massive regret for her.

dazedandconfuse Thu 12-Oct-17 13:01:57

I'm 13 weeks, about to have a scan and I think that's gonna do i for me and I'm not going to be able to go through with it. My ex boyfriend is downstairs, he will be absolutely furious if I don't go through with the abortion. Wants nothing to do with the child etc. It isn't a good time for me to have a child but i just don't think I can go through with this abortion.

Littlejayx Thu 12-Oct-17 13:03:24

If your unsure please don't. I did the same and regret it everyday.

PsychoPumpkin Thu 12-Oct-17 13:03:45

Then don’t. Don’t let that man bully you into it. He’s only there to make sure you go through with it, not for support. I’m so sorry flowers

Tiggy78 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:06:36

Take the ex out of the equation and think about what YOU want. Whatever feels right for you is what you need to do.
Hope you’re ok flowers

WhichJob Thu 12-Oct-17 13:07:32

If you are unsure then talk it through with the medical professional there. You are early enough in the pregnancy that it can be easily rescheduled. This is your decision and yours alone. Best of luck.

SleepFreeZone Thu 12-Oct-17 13:08:36

Why the hell is he downstairs?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 12-Oct-17 13:10:03

Do you really want to be with a man so unsupportive? Decide what YOU want to do. It's very rare that a baby comes along at completely the right time tbh. On the other hand if YOU want to go ahead with the abortion then make sure it's what you want and you're not doing what he wants.flowers

Xoticdreamz Thu 12-Oct-17 13:10:45

Give yourself more time to think about it and evaluate the situation minus your ex.
Not easy at all but even less if you feel under lots of pressure.

hotwheelsderailed Thu 12-Oct-17 13:11:37

this is your decision, not his

Is he downstairs to make sure you go through with it?

FeelTheNoise Thu 12-Oct-17 13:16:02

This is your decision to make, not his! If this isn't the right thing for you, don't do it. Ignore his fury, you don't have to take it. If he doesn't want anything to do with the baby, he doesn't need any information. I know this may be unpopular, but in your shoes I'd consider not telling him and not going ahead. X

Branleuse Thu 12-Oct-17 13:17:40

Are you sure you want to be tied to that bloke downstairs for the next 18 years. Where you can live, whether you take your child abroad etc.
Do you feel pressured into this by him?

PsychoPumpkin Thu 12-Oct-17 13:20:00

Just read your other thread and honestly, you sound like you really want this baby so don’t let your ex decide.

hotwheelsderailed Thu 12-Oct-17 13:21:06

Branleuse - if he is not on the birth certificate he will not have parental responsibility, and no say in any decisions OP wishes to make (I think?).

OP - good luck with whichever way you decide. Try not to let your ex scare you into doing something you don't want to.

lauramaji Thu 12-Oct-17 14:44:01

Don't go through with it if youre not sure !

Thinking of you xxx

imtherealbummymummyotherisfake Thu 12-Oct-17 15:19:56

Don't then love. flowers

Adviceplease360 Thu 12-Oct-17 15:22:54

Don't go through with it if you're unsure. Good luck, hope you're okay

dazedandconfuse Thu 12-Oct-17 21:20:42

Didn't go through with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now