Talk

Advanced search

Housing benefit

(6 Posts)
Debbieb70 Sun 08-Oct-17 20:53:26

Does anybody here work for the dwp housing benefit and can answer me a question please

dancemom Sun 08-Oct-17 20:56:11

I do

Debbieb70 Tue 10-Oct-17 08:37:55

Hi dancemom
I've recently had to put in for housing benefit as my husband has left me and my 9 year old son. I'm a bit worried as what savings I had (under the £6000) my husband had without my knowledge (as I've always trusted him to do the bank) been transferring some into my everyday account in amounts of maybe £200 a time maybe three or four times. And he then transferred £1500 and took it out over the next 3 days. As he'd been planning on leaving me which I didn't know about. He'd taken it so he had money to use. They told me to put a covering note in explaining things. Do you think it will be ok for my claim to go through. What was left was £1500 of which I've had to use for paying for things for the move for me and my son.
Sorry for such a long post and I hope you can understand it

dancemom Fri 13-Oct-17 10:03:04

Is the account in joint names?

Did the balance go over £6000 at any point?

Do the bank statements show the transfers in coming from an account in his name?

Is the withdrawal made in cash or a transfer back out to his account?

Debbieb70 Sat 14-Oct-17 20:24:51

Hi Dancemom.
The balance on the statements I have to provide doesn't go over the £6000 savings you can have.
The transfers come from my other account where the savings were. He'd always looked after the bank for years as I trusted him.
He then took it out over so many days from a cash machine. He doesn't have a bank account.
The other smaller amounts were transferred in to the every day account just for general living expenses which he hadn't said he was doing

dancemom Sat 14-Oct-17 23:53:10

If the balance on the accounts as a whole doesn’t go over £6K at any point then it won’t have any effect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now