Talk

Advanced search

Making new friends in 30's

(4 Posts)
silverdarkness Wed 23-Aug-17 18:41:48

Hello everyone! just looking for advice on how to make new friends in my 30's. I used to have loads of friends when I was younger when I used to go out ( clubbing etc) a lot more but not interested in that sort of thing anymore and have found one by one most of my friendships have drifted away with our lives changing. I have one very good friend now and people I speak to at work and my partner and children but that's it! I feel really lonely a lot of the time and remember when I used to have plenty of friends. I have posted on meet a mum boards but no one seems to be local to me so just looking for some tips on ways to make new friends from you guys! It doesn't help that I also have no family so I feel extra alone. I used to be such a social person so really hating this!

MimsyBorogroves Wed 23-Aug-17 18:44:54

Wish I knew. We moved to a new area, and I made a couple of really good friends via my son's school.

Moved back to my own hometown a few years later. My best friend had moved away, leaving me knowing nobody. Nobody speaks to each other at pick ups at new schools, and whilst my job has allowed me to make "work friends" I miss having someone I can share stuff with, spend time with etc.

silverdarkness Thu 24-Aug-17 21:08:28

Wow that's exactly how it feels like everyone is already all set up with friends and it's hard to find them for me. Sorry to hear that your going through that!

Ohwhatfun Mon 16-Oct-17 20:43:33

I’ve just started a really similar bread, wish I could give you an answer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now