Talk

Advanced search

Shit - I have dropped my iphone down the toilet. Is it salvageable?!

(5 Posts)
DannyOD Mon 19-Jun-17 09:35:57

I have taken the Sim out, gently shaken it to get any excess water I can out of the ports and it is now in a bowl with a couple of silca gel sachets I swiped from the dog treats and some easy cook rice!!! Is there any chance of it coming back from the brink or is it gone for good?

Prokupatuscrakedatus Tue 20-Jun-17 20:23:48

Good luck, there is hope.

I once drowned a phone in apple juice - worked fine after I dried and de-stickied it.
But that was in the early days of cell phones, they were much more robust then, and it was a Nokia.

Whitelisbon Tue 20-Jun-17 20:30:20

I dropped my brand new (less than a week old) iPhone in the bath, while on a phone call.
It still worked for 15 minutes or so, then started phoning people randomly, and wouldn't switch off - I was popular then, I can tell you!
Sat for a few days in a bowl of rice, and, apart from the home button never working again, lasted another 2 years.
There's hope yet.

Autumnchill Tue 20-Jun-17 20:35:28

Rice definitely works, dried my HTC out, just cover up the charging bit as I got rice stuck up there!

masterblaster2000 Tue 20-Jun-17 20:39:31

Apparently there's an indicator on iPhones showing if they've got water damage. Inside where the sim goes turns red I think?
But I've successfully dried mine out twice. First time fine, but the second time a few keys stopped working on the touch screen so had to claim on the insurance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: