Talk

Advanced search

Easiest way to clean the glass on an oven door

(11 Posts)
Lulukat Sat 27-May-17 16:40:43

I bought some oven pride assuming I can do the whole oven, but it says not to be used on the glass. I have looked it up and it seems it could damage the glass and cause it to shatter next time it heats up confused
How do you get yours sparkling clean?

Pinkheart5917 Sat 27-May-17 16:42:02

I use mr muscle kitchen spray cleaner & wire wool. Rub gently.

Perfect every time

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 27-May-17 16:45:20

i have a really old range, and t has a glass panel in the door, I have NO IDEA why I thought about it, but the thought of using a paint scraper crossed my mind

one of those wth the razor blade type insert that you use to tidy the paint splodges off the glass when you daubed it on the window frame

It worked beautifully!! As it's really old the glass isn't pristine, but it is now see through and not a brown baked on splatter to be seen!

TyneTeas Sat 27-May-17 16:46:46

I've often seen using a dishwasher tablet recommended on here. DH tried it recently and said it worked well enough

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Sat 27-May-17 16:48:49

mr muscle and wire scrubbies was my previous choice, but paint scraper is way way easier!

one of these!!

Falconhoof1 Sat 27-May-17 16:53:02

Oven cleaning stuff out of Lakeland is brill! Just leave it on for a few mins and wipe off-shiny!

Changingagain Sat 27-May-17 16:54:01

I used the dishwasher tablet method that gets mentioned on here a lot and it actually worked great, much to my surprise. Just dip one on hot water and scrub the glass with it directly and then wipe off.

llhj Sat 27-May-17 16:54:01

I found the dishwasher tab total crap. It's always mooted as an amazing hack on here but it just made a mess for me.

Eggsbutnobacon Sat 27-May-17 16:58:23

Dishwasher tablet never worked for me either. A lot of effort for not much to show.
I ended up sliding the glass out and going over it with a Brillo pad.

ImLadybird Sat 27-May-17 17:00:49

I've used oven pride and nothing broke

Lulukat Sat 27-May-17 17:01:04

Thanks for your suggestions, I think the paint scraper thing sounds nice and easy I might try that first followed by the rest if that doesn't work.
I'll let you know what method worked smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now