Talk

Advanced search

Flat sharing need my space

(5 Posts)
iggypopfan Sat 29-Apr-17 16:17:29

Live with partner...we're renting spare room to his mate...initially for few weeks. .been six month now. ..I want my space back as I suffer from bipolar and I feel crowded out as partner cant see a problem. . Lodger is lovely guy but leaves a mess....had to tell him to clean room like one would a kid (he's 32)......come home from work to dishes and my bit on sofa occupied by his butt!!!! Rent rarely paid on time either....I'm getting annoyed now as I feel my flat has been taken over....partner won't intervene....how do I get rid of him without falling out (need my space and sanity and bathroom and kitchen back to my standards of cleanliness )blush

specialsubject Sun 14-May-17 12:23:24

So this skank is late with the rent as well as being filthy, and your partner is happy with that?

Sounds like you could do without both of them, but certainly evict the one you dont sleep with. He is a lodger and has minimal rights so Chuck out and change locks.

LIZS Sun 14-May-17 12:29:14

Give him notice?

iggypopfan Sun 14-May-17 14:57:30

I've still not broached subject in depth as I've just been promoted at work n getting head around that ..... I've said I'll need room back but my partner thinks I'm being harh

LeninaCrowne Sun 14-May-17 14:59:50

Could you get your own place and leave them to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now