Talk

Advanced search

Weybridge Station

(5 Posts)
user1491548352 Fri 07-Apr-17 08:21:52

We are looking for somewhere to move to from Richmond.

Weybridge is high on the list. But we've noticed that the train station is a longish walk south of the town down a woodland road (Heath Road) And it's the same issue if you come to the Station from the South along Brooklands Road.

We both would need to get to and from the station for work early morning and late evening.

The question is whether this is a problem for other people...is the walk considered safe including after dark for lone females, or males for that matter. Are there lots of people and cars passing to keep it safely busy into the late evening ?

Any comments appreciated.

specialsubject Thu 13-Apr-17 20:03:58

One thing you won't need to worry about there is lack of traffic! Nice town though.

The people who lived there when the line was built didn't want nasty trains coming through, so several of the towns on that line have the station in an apparently silly place.

user1491548352 Thu 13-Apr-17 20:28:04

Ok thanks. But what about the issue of safety for a lone person walking to and from the station after dark...heath road or hanger hill ?...that was the main reason for my post.

BitchPeas Thu 13-Apr-17 20:30:49

I'm local and I would happily walk down either of those roads by myself at any time.

specialsubject Thu 13-Apr-17 21:34:53

I used to be fairly local. Ears unplugged, blood not full of booze, sensible shoes , same as everywhere and it will be fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now