Talk

Advanced search

Please help me send my parcel

(9 Posts)
Mymothersdaughter Wed 05-Apr-17 06:42:06

I'm selling some curtains online and I've been asked if I can post via Hermes or similar. I've only ever sent parcels by normal post- can anyone explain to me how it works? Or give me any related advice?? Thanks!

toomuchfaster Wed 05-Apr-17 06:57:05

Don't do it! Do an advanced search on here for Hermes/Yodel etc and you will want to stick with the RM. DH uses a local parcel firm, he just takes the parcel to their shop.

Ilikesweetpeas Wed 05-Apr-17 07:00:04

I use collect plus and have had got experiences. You pay postage online, print out barcode then drop at your nearest participating shop. Look on their website, it's easy to do

Ilikesweetpeas Wed 05-Apr-17 07:00:41

Should say, "have had good experiences" !!

BikeRunSki Wed 05-Apr-17 07:07:26

Collect Plus are far more reliable than MyHermes in my experience.

Whileweareonthesubject Wed 05-Apr-17 07:50:00

I use myhermes a lot and have never had any problems, whereas I wouldn't touch Royal mail with a bargepole. I think it all depends on your local courier as well as those at the other end. Ours is great. They collect from home, it's fully tracked and I've never had anything get lost or damaged.

Friolero Wed 05-Apr-17 07:59:55

I've never had any trouble with Hermes so it must vary by area! They tend to be cheaper than Royal Mail which is why I use them. I do it all online and it's pretty straightforward, you just need the parcel weight and dimensions so select the right cost, then once you've paid you print out the labels and can either drop it off at a hermes parcel shop (in my case at the local Co-op) or get it collected for slightly more. Have sent several eBay items, birthday presents etc this way and they've all been delivered within a few days.

Mymothersdaughter Wed 05-Apr-17 13:48:37

That's really helpful, thanks all, I will look into collectplus and Hermes!

Whileweareonthesubject Wed 05-Apr-17 16:33:49

Yes, last time I sent anything with MyHermes, it cost me something like 35p extra for them to collect it from my home address - it would have cost me £1.50 just to park near my nearest drop off point. I paid about £8 odd to send a heavy parcel of Christmas gifts to family , tracked, whereas it would have been significantly more with royal mail. And the MyHermes price included insurance as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now